Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March 11, 2013

Well, lots of stuff in the last week and I guess I could just start with the questions and then give the run down on the week!

Q.  So how are those bugs?     Are you getting back to normal?
A.I think they are gone. I don't know. Dominicans say that pills don't get rid of them that you have to use natural remedies so I don't know. No more diarrhea so that is good!

Q.  Any baptisms scheduled?
A. Nope......

Q.  Is baseball the "BIG" rage even more so now because of the World Baseball Tournament?
A. Not as much as it was in January and February because the Dominicans have their own teams here and their own championship and everything. Still there are some die hards that are really focused on baseball.

Q.  Have you done any service lately?
A. Ummmmmmmmm I cant say we have. We are doing a class of English if that helps...

Q: Are you going to do anything for your birthday next Monday!?
A: Probably just the normal. It is just like any other day.

Q: When are you going to send us pictures of you? And not some guy climbing a tree?
A: Whenever I get to go to an Internet center that is good and can send more than one picture at a time......so that may be in June sometime.

Q: Are you still feeling sick?
A: Not terribly.

Q: Is it getting hotter there?
A: Yepppppers it is getting pretty hot. The temperatures around here have been super weird because they have been subbing then bajaring and then well it rains or it looks like it is going to rain. Just a weird weird temperature and climate thing right now.

Q: Do you know How many new greenies are coming in?
A: There are something like 16 sisters and 4 Elders.

Q: Do they have ice cream there?! Do you have lots of it?! I would...
A: Yes but it is not the same as ice cream from the states because dairy products here aren't that great.

Q: Hope you feel better and your friends are all gone. Yes or No?
A: I think so.

Q: How is the new comp? What is he like?
A: The new comp is great. We finally get to work but I have to admit it has been weird trying to get accustomed to leaving again and it has taken a toll on me because well I am even more tired than ever before. But it is a lot more enjoyable for me.

Q: How much do you weigh?
A: I don't know. It is funny to think about but we don't have scales in the house....heck we don't even have mirrors..... so yeah.

Q: What size pants do you wear 28-30?
A: I don't know probably 30.

Q; Do you have a new favorite family in this area?
A: Yeah I have a few super cool families that we have found. The one that went to the US, the pictures I sent last week, those were probably the coolest I have found here. The dad reminded me a TON of Hector from El Seibo!

Q: Do you have allergies?
A: I am allergic to cats still and I am pretty sure horse hair... but other than that I am not sure what this question is asking for......

Q: Do you need anything?
A: Nope I think I am good. Oh maybe some razor cleaning liquid.

Q: Who is climbing the tree in the picture you sent?
A: Some crazy Dominican. I hope you appreciate the fact that he wasn't wearing shoes.....

OK but onto the week. SO Tuesday and Wednesday we did TONS of contacts and I mean tons. But luckily Wednesday morning we had zone conference in Gazcue and it was really good. Oh but wow I am scatterbrain right now but we have an area that is pretty far away from our main city....well not too far like 30 minutes walking but we have been getting tons and tons of bolas or in other words free rides to the little city. It is awesome. I am going to take my camera next time so you all can get to see what it is like. But anyways back to the week.

Thursday we had district meeting and we had a church activity where we watched 17 Miracles. It is a super cool movie about pioneers and I recommend that you all see it if you haven't. Then on Friday we had an intercambio and I went with Elder Wolfgramm from Utah. We were here in La Victoria and it was super fun. He is a really cool missionary. Then
Saturday afternoon we had a few lessons and then had our English class that went really boooooooooommmmmmm or rather it kinda sucked because not very many people came. But we are just starting to do it so word should get out. Then Sunday rolled around and in the afternoon we did tons of walking and contacting or I guess they call that tracting back
home. That has been our main fount of investigators and it has really hurt us a ton. But today was cool because we went to Parque Mirador Norte in Villa Mella and played capture the flag with our zone against Villa Mella. It was pretty cool. And now as you See I am writing you all and I have run out of things to say......But I guess I could end the letter like I end all of the others and that is with Love you all tons and hope you have good weeks!!!

Love,
 Elder Michael P Coniam

No comments: