Monday, August 13, 2012

August 13, 2012

Well I am still in a trio but now I have another companion! Kinda sad to see Elder Chapman go but that is just the way it is, long story that I may try to tell later, but Elder Castillo, the one that I had done a few intercambios with is here with Elder Moore and I. Pretty crazy but that is how it should be until the end of the transfer. Who knows how many companions I am going to have in this transfer. Could be as many as who knows, I have already ahd 3. But I am glad you all (or some of you) got back from Philly all safe and happy. I am also sure that Brandon and Alyssa enjoyed having the house to themselves. SO here I am, I am going to try and write quickly today because I have my camera so that should mean that you should get some pictures today!!!!! On to the questions

Q: Do you ever wake up and think, "Holy-cow I'm in the DR"?
A: Nope cant say I do. It is kinda weird to think about but I know I am in a different country and everything but I am just so used to it is kinda normal. It will be weird when you all come down here and see things that arent normal for you that are supernormal for me, we will
have to make a list.

Q: Do you ever have Dominicans yell at you when you are walking down the road?
A: Hahaha ALL OF THE TIME. This is what they say Americanos, American People, son de la CIA/FBI/DEA, and lots of other things that are rediculous, offensive or funny.

Q: Are you the oldest in the mission? Like the great grandpa?!
A:Haha no not at all. I think in about december my group becomes one of the oldest groups because there arent many missionaries in between us and a group that goes home in November. It will be super weird.

Q: How are your fast sunday's? Do you have a lot of people bare their testimonies?
A: Yes and yes. THey can be a lot like fast sundays back home when people get up and share stories and then go and sit down without sharing their testimonies. But yes, lots of people bare their testimonies. Sometimes even visitors do it so that can be pretty cool.

Okay, so onto the week. We had consejo with President Andersen and it was awesome. It was probably one of the coolest and most spiritual meetings I have been in. The man is a spiritual giant  and he is really cool. He and his wife talked to us while we were eating lunch and that was cool. There were lots of missionaries from Arizona and so we got to talk to them but they are like us and dont know much about what is going on back home in the good old AZ. I think you would find it interesting that 10 years ago he was a mission president in  Mexico and three years ago got called as a seventy and they have one of their sons with them now. He is 16 and I guess he studies at an american school. They have another son on a mission in Texas and they were pretty awesome. So wednesday we had to go back to Gascue and have a Zone Conference that went really well. Again Elder Andersen was there so that was good. Then on thursday we had a normal day. We worked on saturday and then sunday we had Stake Conference and they never have enough seats so they kick us out and we just go to another room until it is over....... and then the APs called us and told us that ELder Chapman was going to an area called Ponce and that we would be in a trio so we didnt get to leave the house yesterday because we waited for them because they told us they were 30 minutes away and they got there 3 hours later. But that was our week. Today we played soccer on the basketball court at the stake center and that was fun and we also made some Pico de Gallo that was good. But that was the week. I am going to try and send fotos so take cares much. 


Love me the mostest and Ty has to be happy that school is starting and Alyssa too pffpfpfpfp.

Love,
Elder Coniam


me and Elder Moore switched ties during a lesson when an
investigator left and they didnt even notice!
The Zone, without Elder Levy
 Sunday Morning biscuits and gravy. 

No comments: