Monday, August 6, 2012

August 6, 2012

Well we had a pretty interesting week. Lots of rain, we even got rained in, well kind of. But more on that later. I guess I will answer your questions first and then tell you about my week.........

Q: When are you sending us pictures?!
A: I was going to today but we went to the Duarte and I didn't want to carry around my backpack so I don't have my camera with me right now. SO it should be next time, I really want you to be able to see the picture I took after my sickness episode.

Q: Did you try your comps camera to watch the Mexico videos?
A: Yes and it didn't work sadly. I tried to use both of my comps cameras and neither of them worked!

Q: What gifts are you going to bring home for us? -Tyler
A: That is for me to know and you to find out in the middle of June 2013.

Q: Did you miss not getting a Dear Elder from your sister?
A: Yes. Send me more dearelders!!

Q:  How are those new appliances working?
A: Amazing. In fact I am making bagels with cream cheese every morning which is amazing. Kinda weird though because I have been used to eating oatmeal and cereals but now it is onto bagels. And yes they have Philadelphia Cream Cheese. It is pretty awesome.

Ok now my questions (wink wink Ty)....

Q: Should I know anything that you haven't told me?
A:

Q: Referring to question 1, Alyssa and Brandon do you have anything to tell me?
A:

Q: Referring to question 2 which refers to question 1, When am I going to be an uncle?
A:

I think those are some good, fair questions.....

Ok now onto my week. Let us see, on Wednesday I did an intercambio with an Elder I did an intercambio with in El Seibo. Me and Elder Castillo worked together in my area and it went well. Luckily we have gotten lots of help from the leaders of the church here, it helps that we have a 20 year old ward secretary, so we have been able to go on splits and not have to be in the trio all week long. It is super awkward to have three missionaries together but we are making the most of it. Elder Castillo and I worked well together. He is super cool and from Mexico so we have a contact when we go down to Mexico. He told me he would take us to the Indian pyramids and all that stuff because he lives super close to all of that. On Friday we had a ward activity and it started off really slow but ended well. At the end we were playing games and everyone really enjoyed it. We played Qué pasaría si........ (what would happen if.....) and another game where we wrote down a secret about ourselves and everyone there had to try and guess whose secret it was. Both ended up really fun. 


On Saturday we had to go to La Javilla to do a study session with some elders that are training (something new that we have been asked to do) and that meant that we had to get on motors so that was pretty crazy because the motors in the capitol are insane. But I didn't die! On the way back we had a meeting with the WML and we were walking to the church building and it just started to downpour on us. It was ridiculous. I didn't have enough time to pull out my umbrella. We got the huge gate unlocked outside of the church and ran inside. Then it continued  raining until the afternoon and then we were fine until we went down to Los Guaricanos to do an interview and we got a call from the assistants telling us to call everyone and get everyone back to the house because there was a storm coming. Well we had to do the interview and after the interview we jumped in a car and bang hit the storm. Luckily it is only two car routes to the house from Los Guaricanos and we were able to get back to the house relatively dry. But we had to stay in the house for the rest of the night. And yesterday we had a good day. We were really blessed with the number of people we got in church and that they were all people that we needed to go to church. It was a really good day.  Today we went down to the Duarte because my comp wanted suit material and what not so we ate at Pizzarellis and now I am here writing to vosotros. 

This week should be interesting because tomorrow we have consejo with President and President Andersen the Carribean Area President so that should be pretty intense. And then on Wednesday we have zone conference with President Andersen there and so we will not be in our area that much this week. Pretty crazy but sometimes I feel like we spend more time outside the area than in it! But an interesting week to come for sure.

Well I hope everything is fine because I know you wont tell me if there is something wrong. Hope school, work, and life are going well. Love me the mostest............

Elder MPConiam

No comments: