Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6, 2012

Ok. I am going to answer your questions first and then get onto the week.

Q: Can you send us a pic with you and your comp? 
A:Um, I dont have a picture with him, only a picture with a group of missionaries outside of the temple. One that I took in December and he is in that picture. I think towards the right.  Maybe on the end. I am not really sure. This place doesnt have a place to plug in the USBs so
maybe next week I will resend  the picture (or send it if I never sent it the first time). 

Q: Is your companion American?
A:Yes, from Utah like the rest.

Q: Did your fechas go thorugh?
A: I would say no but I really dont want to talk about fechas because I dont want to jinx anything like I did in January.

Q: Any crazy stories about guns or fighting?
A:Nope not really. Ive been seeing lots of chicken fighting lately which is awesome. But other that that no.

So this week in the mission......


First off, starting with last night. I was walking down the street and I looked into a colmado and they had the Superbowl playing and I started crying and had to go back to the house early....just kidding. I did see one of the Giants players and I turned quickly away because I didn't want to get locked in. But I did find out today from other missionaries that the Giants won. What a crying shame. Terrible Superbowl, terrible, and I didn't have to watch it to know.

Ok. Flash further back to Tuesday. Elder Paez left early in the morning for Higuey and I left to stay with my comp, ELder Lefevre, in his area because it is in the same zone. Then we waited for his old comps new comp to show up and headed over to our area. Tuesday we got fiared (people failed us) by just about everybody so yeah. Actually the whole week went that way so yeah. I guess just some weeks are like that.

But Wednesday the missionary leaders had training in Gasque and so I had to be with two trainees on Wednesday morning in my area. It was fun but pretty stressful because it was one of the Elder's first days in the mission so I felt like I had the weight of the world on my back for that morning. But everything went well. We had a couple of lessons and found some new ones to teach so that was coool.

Thursday.....THE PACKAGE ARRIVED! The calendar is really cool Lyss. Thanks! The snacks are awesome and they make it so I dont have to buy snacks in the colmados so that is good. Thursday afternooon, more of the same getting fiared and everything but that is all right because I know it happens.

Friday we had a really good lesson with Elvis Santana. His wife is a member and so we have been teaching him. He is really smart and likes to talk and question a lot so that is awesome. He read all of the way to Mosiah 26 from the begining of the LDM in 2 weeks. He is awesome
but I feel like I will do a lot of planting seeds in this area but not much harvesting. When I got here we had nobody to teach but now we have lots of people that are ready and have  testimonies they just won't go to church. So if I am just planting seeds then that is all right. As long as the missionaries that follow me are responsible enough to do the harvesting.

Saturday - We didn't leave the house in the morning because my comp was sick. First time I have missed leaving the house for a whole morning. Then in the afternoon I taught english class and we found some new people to teach. It was a decent day for not getting to leave in the morning.

Sunday - At church we had an area seventy in attendance. So that was interesting. We had lots of people in church but it still is super difficult to get investigators to go to church. I was talking to a missionary that was in this area a year ago and he said the same thing. The church is so close that nobody wants to go to it. It seems kinda illogical but it is the way it is right here. We ended up having a decent day Sunday but only because we found more people after we got fiared by just about everyone again.

TODAY! - We went to Parque del Este today for the first time in 3 months. It was cool to see everyone. I got to talk with the missionaries that baptized Dominga and her daughter and lots more missionaries. I talked to Elder Rosado and he is doing good. He is training again. That tells you how good of a missionary he is. He hasn't had the opportunity to be a leader but he has trained 4 missionaries. Talked to lots of missionaries that are from my group and lots that are leaving in April. It will be sad when they go because I have known them since I got here. It is going to be really different. And here I am typing away in an internet center. But I think that is all that I have to say. 


Glad to read about what you all are doing. Even if you say it is boring it isnt boring for me to read. Oh and I have some requests..... Could I get some after shave (I cannot find it anywhere here), shoe polish, and a journal like the one I have ( it is close to getting filled up, Thanks Van Leers). 

But love you all and take care and have good weeks. I hope school and work don't take over enjoying the week. Love me lots...

Love,
Elder MichaelPConiam

No comments: