Well lets see........
Q: What do you want for your birthday?! And you can’t tell us you don’t know!
A:To tell you the truth I don´t know. But this week I got two huge packages. Oh my goodness. I had to carry them all the way from Gasque because we were in a meeting with a General Authority, more on that later, and yeah. But they were awesome. I got everything I need for snacks. It was awesome. I am going to get super fat. Thanks Nana, mom, dad, Lyssa, Brando, and Maggie. Those snacks are great. Especially those oreo cakesters. Oh my goodness I am going to get fat eating those things but they are soooooo good. Oh and thanks Ty for the decorations on the box. It was really cute.
Q: Can you still love your brother even though he lied about writing you a DearElder?
A:Yes because Jesus said we have to love the sinner but not the sins..... just kidding Ty but I just want Ty to know that I will write him once a month when he is on the mission so take that (I am going to kill him with kindness).
But yeah. It is good to hear about what is going on back home. It seems like a lot more than I thought. With Bralyssa´s new car and everything jeez. But it is nice to read that mom and dad went to MOTAB on saturday. I remember when dad was getting the tickets for that and that was a super long time ago. Crazy how fast it goes. Sounds like lots of fun back home.
Here in Sabana Perdida 2 we are working hard. We had 45 lessons in this past week and we could have had more but on Saturday morning we were in Gasque and we also did an intercambio. But oh my goodness I was dead yesterday. The only way I made it through was with the Lord´s help because last night I was dead. But we have had a decently relaxing PDay so that has been good. We went to the Stake Center in this area and played dominoes, I am a professional, and ate pastas, cookies and arroz con leche. It was pretty fun. but back to the work week. I dont think I have ever had that many lessons being here in the mission for 6 months now. It was crazy that we were able to get that many because the area is so big. But we concentrated on certain areas and there we go.
Lets see, the General Authority that came here was Elder Gonzalez from the Presidency of the Seventy. He and his wife spoke and it was really good. His wife talked a lot about how we need to be ready to open our mouths and share the gospel with any and everyone. It was really good. She talked about how opening your mouth and saying the first word is the most difficult part. She was talking about with us as missionaries but I see it the exact same as members. The most difficult part is saying the first word because everyone is afraid of noit being accepted but everyone can and should share the gospel. I mean we have been blessed so much because we have these everlasting truths in our lives that we should never be afraid to share what we know. I really liked her talk. Elder Gonzalez talked lots about the Book of Mormon and its role in the conversion of investigators. He noted that investigators that read the Book of Mormon are more likely to have a true conversion and endure to the end than someone that reads it whenever. He also talked about how important it is to make sure the people that are investigating the church are having spiritual experiences where they feel the desire to change their lives. I really like Saturday morning. I learned lots and really think I will be a better person and missionary because of it.
But I think that is it. We have some investigators that are really cool but sometimes that doesn't mean that they will progress. So far in the mission I feel like I am planting a lot of seeds and other missionaries will come in and reap the harvest. Like four people me and Elder McFarland were teaching in LTB have gotten baptized. That is pretty cool. I also saw Elder Rosado this weekend and he told me that Antolín goes to church every other week. While taht is better than most long time members in the area, I wish that he would go every week. It is pretty difficult for them in SGdB and Gonzalo so I hope he just has the perseverance. Supposedly the Stake President is taking trips up there every other week to make sure the Branch is running smoothely. That is what they have needed for a long time. But I think that is all that happened to me.
Lots of fun and hard work this week. Oh and Elder Bednar is supposedly here in the country and is speaking for all of the Young Single Adults so the missionaries don´t get to go. But oh well. Maybe next year.
Now for my questions:
¿How is school?
¿Have you found out where I live yet?
¿Can you believe that 8 months have gone by?
¿How much do you miss me?
Well I know the answer to the last one but lets see what you say......
Anyways love you all lots and I hope you all have good weeks.
Love,
Elder Michael Felipe Coñiam
No comments:
Post a Comment