Well, this week has been pretty decent. First off, I got three packages on Thursday so thanks family. The brownies were good and I am eating all of the other snacks slowly. I have to have really good self-discipline. But thank you so much for all the snacks. I was out and I had to get snacks from a comaldo and it just isn’t the same. Oh, and Lyssa asked me about if I liked their apartment, yeah, it is awesome. At least from what it looks like in the pictures it is way cooler than the other apartment.
Now on to the questions!
Q: Do you know Bishops Paniagua, Ortiz, or Meran?
A: I know a bishop Ortiz de SP1, 2nd Counselor Paniagua de Los Tres Brazos but I have no idea who the other ones are, why?
Q: Are you near the Sp first and second ward? or the Sp third ward?
A:I am in SP 2. It is huge from puente to puente (bridge to bridge).
Q: Is your apartment near calle padre pina? or Luperon?
A: Luperon.
Q: Any packages?
A: YES! Lots with lots of good stuff. I may be sending a package to you all if I can get the pictures onto the thumb drive.....we will see.
Q: Are you getting transferred?!
A: Find out this Sunday....at about 930 we will get a call and they will tell us where we are going. Let's just say that if we don’t have a lot of citas Sunday afternoon it goes by really slow. So we will make sure we are packed with visits to do.
Q: Run into a Buddhist yet?
A: Nope still haven’t run into a Buddhist. There are lots of Asians here and I am really hoping one of them is a Buddhist but to be honest for all of the Asians I have seen, I haven’t once contacted Asians in their house.....I wonder where they live?
Q: What food do you miss the most?
A: Um a good hamburger from a grill.
Q: Anything you need from home?
A: I can´t think of anything right now but we will see if I can think of anything next week.
Now on to the questions!
Q: Do you know Bishops Paniagua, Ortiz, or Meran?
A: I know a bishop Ortiz de SP1, 2nd Counselor Paniagua de Los Tres Brazos but I have no idea who the other ones are, why?
Q: Are you near the Sp first and second ward? or the Sp third ward?
A:I am in SP 2. It is huge from puente to puente (bridge to bridge).
Q: Is your apartment near calle padre pina? or Luperon?
A: Luperon.
Q: Any packages?
A: YES! Lots with lots of good stuff. I may be sending a package to you all if I can get the pictures onto the thumb drive.....we will see.
Q: Are you getting transferred?!
A: Find out this Sunday....at about 930 we will get a call and they will tell us where we are going. Let's just say that if we don’t have a lot of citas Sunday afternoon it goes by really slow. So we will make sure we are packed with visits to do.
Q: Run into a Buddhist yet?
A: Nope still haven’t run into a Buddhist. There are lots of Asians here and I am really hoping one of them is a Buddhist but to be honest for all of the Asians I have seen, I haven’t once contacted Asians in their house.....I wonder where they live?
Q: What food do you miss the most?
A: Um a good hamburger from a grill.
Q: Anything you need from home?
A: I can´t think of anything right now but we will see if I can think of anything next week.
Let’s see if there was anything that happened this week that I need to mention (by the way, the shoe insoles work great!)....
Last Monday in the afternoon, we went to a cita but the lady wasn’t there so we went to do contacts in that area because there aren’t any members or investigators in the area. We talked to a few people but they really didn’t have any interest and we started to walk past a house and for some reason I really wanted to contact the house so we went back. We went up to the door and said hello and the lady looked surprised. She didn’t say anything to us, she just went to get her keys for the door. After unlocking the door, she told us that she was really surprised. So we asked her why and she told us that it was because she is a member of about 13 years but moved from Santiago 4 years ago and hasn’t been able to go to church for those four years because she didn’t know where the church was. She has been through the temple and she just didn’t know how to find out where the church building was. It is crazy how many people we meet that moved and didn’t know where the church building was so they join another church or get into things that they shouldn’t and they fall away from the gospel. It is really sad how disorganized it is but that is just how it is in this country. Nobody knows that they are supposed to inform their ward clerk if they are moving so they can send the records or how they can find out where the nearest building is (lds.org). But that is life here in the Wild West.
Tuesday we had another intercambio and I went to El Cristal for the morning with an Elder Cowley and the afternoon with Elder Lefervre in my area. It was fun. Lots of walking but fun.
Oh and that just reminds me. Elder Bitner and Elder McFarland were roommates in the MTC! How cool is that?
OK but back to the week....one thing that I know for sure, knocking on doors is the least effective way to find new people. I think we knocked on 30 doors yesterday and we had one lesson with one lady who is a catholic missionary. Other than that we struck out time after time after time. We even had an old granny slam the door in our face when we asked her if we could talk to her about the gospel of Jesus Christ. But I guess sometimes it is like that. We have so many people in this area that only have to go to church and they will be ready for baptism but nobody wants to go to church. So that means we have to move on and look for people that are willing to go to church and take steps forward. It really sucks because after teaching investigators for a long time, you get attached to them and want to keep helping them so they can receive lots of blessings but sometimes you have to move on and just hope the seed was planted and someone else will come and harvest it. It's tough but sometimes you have to do it. But that is life and people have agency so it is their choice.....but I think that is it for this week.
Love me the mostest and hope you have good weeks in school, work, and life in general. And ask Ty if he needs a band aid for the booboo he got on the Iditarod. I can send him one (Geez,I am so nice).
Love,
Elder MPConiam
Elder MPConiam
No comments:
Post a Comment