Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012

Let´s see what I have to say.

Oh, that is cool dad that you got to conduct Mouse´s funeral. I am sure it was a special event.
Tyler going on the Iditarod....who is the new kid in the family?
Brandon and Alyssa didn’t get to feed the missionaries :( You missed out and will have to sign up again. Missionaries are the best.
Mom is in sunbeams....is that better or worse than nursery?
How is school going kids?

10 years till Mom and Dad´s retirement/mission. That is cool. You guys definitely have to serve a mission. I was thinking about that this past Sunday because there were a couple of white people sitting in the chapel and so we looked and saw their black name tags and said hi to them. They are service missionaries and they are from Roosevelt, Utah. They were nice. They made me think of Mom and Dad one day serving as missionaries. That would be awesome.

Oh, yeah, and before I answer this week’s questions, let's flash back to last week’s questions when you asked me if I am dreaming in Spanish. Well, I guess I just have to let everyone who reads this blog know (maybe even my future wife ;) ).... I talk in my sleep, but it is not my fault because I think it is genetics because dad does too, and my comp said I was talking in Spanish. I would say that is better than dreaming in Spanish. But what do you think?

And there is a 19 year old that got called to serve in Quito Ecuador in the ward here. I know Josh Caskey is serving in Ecuador but I am not sure which mission it is. So if you could write me with the answer next time that would be great!

Ok onto the questions....

Q: Are you celebrating MLK day?
A: Ummm, nope. Oh but this reminds me. Brandon, I am teaching a Marxist. And guess what, he wants to get baptized. SO I guess he missed the whole part about not believing in a God and whatnot but I just thought that Brandon would like to know that I get to teach Marxists here. I am sure he taught lots in Russia. Oh and I have almost contacted somebody from every religion. I contacted a Muslim, a witch, and every type of Christian there is so now I am just waiting to contact a Buddhist  (really good chance because there are lots of Chinese people here), a Hindu, and a Jew. I saw a house with lots of Stars of David but they were just some kind of Evangelical Christian group. I guess this really is off topic from the question but oh well.

Q: Happy 7 Month Anniversary! How does it feel to be out for 7 months?!
A: The same as when I had 1,2,3,4,5, and 6. I feel like I don’t know anything yet and I have so much more to learn and experience. It is crazy how fast the time goes when you are out here. I don’t know if it has gone super fast for you guys but it sure has for me.

Q: Does President Hernandez live by the temple?
A: Yes.....How did you know? Maybe the Mormons really are from the CIA or DEA like everyone here says we are.

Q: What packages have you gotten? Have you gotten any of the pictures we sent?
A: Well none. I haven’t gotten any packages in a few weeks so maybe this week I will get some.

Q: If you could describe your love for Tyler in one word what would you say? - Tyler
A: Uncontrollable.

Well, I hope all of these answers were satisfying, especially the last one, Ty, and now onto the week.

Well, first off, this is going to be my first dry transfer because the investigators that we had at church on Sunday in no way, shape, or form will be ready on the 28th so there goes my streak. It was fun while it lasted and now it is time to go into retirement. 3 transfers in a row with a baptism I can’t beat that... Just kidding. Hopefully I don’t have another dry transfer because it feels like you work so hard to get people prepared to get baptized and then they just flake. But that is why there is something called albedrío, or agency (and not free agency because it definitely wasn´t free), and they get to make their own choices. It just kinda stinks because we have 3 people prepared to be baptized they just won’t go to church consistently. So we will see what is impeding them and get it resolved so that they can enter the waters of baptism.

But it is crazy. Only two weeks left in this transfer and there will probably be a change. Elder Paez may go or I may go or we both may go I have no idea. But something will most likely happen. But lets talk about the investigators and inactivos.

First off Jerry the inactive American. He got a package from the church delivered to his house the other day with a bunch of baby stuff because his wife is 9 months prego. He only has one sister that is still active in the church and they don’t even talk anymore so he has no idea how the package got there. But that was pretty cool.

We have one investigator that knows the church is true, that José Smith was a prophet and that the LDM is the word of God but she won’t go to our church because she has returned to her old church and she has known them for longer. I straight up told her that she is following man and not God and all she did was smile. But who knows. We are going to keep visiting her and see if her heart will change. I really like being frank with people because if you aren’t frank with them they don’t get it. But it is like the Bible says; the truth shall set you free.

Oh my goodness, I have started reading the Nuevo Testamento in Spanish and there are so many words in there that are just ridiculous. The LDM I can read easily but the New Testament takes some serious translating skills.

Let’s see, we have been working in the two furthest areas from the church recently and have found some decent people. The only thing that will be difficult is getting them to go to church so we will have to do all that is possible to help them gain testimonies and really have the desire to go.  But it has been fun working in those areas because it is new for the both of us. The mission is really fun.

I am not sure I have anything else to say. And it is almost time for me to go.

So I hope you all have good weeks and don’t miss me too much!

Love,

Elder Michael Phillip Coniam

No comments: