Oh man, so much has happened in the last week where to begin.... Next Monday you won’t get to hear from me because I will be out in the streets working. It will be a week from Wednesday that I write because we have a temple trip that Wednesday. Just a heads up so you don’t think I didn’t write you. And now I will answer the questions.....
Q: What time are you going to call us on Christmas?! We are counting down the days!!
A: Don’t know. I will find out in a week or two but I sent an email to mom that explained more. I just don´t want to type it again.
Q: Did you move?
A: Yes we moved Thursday. It was ridiculous. We moved everything in the back of an old pickup with a bed smaller than the blue truck´s bed in just two loads. We had the beds stacked so high. IT was pretty funny. But that fridge was ridiculous. It looks small but the thing was a tank and we had to carry it up the stairs. It is a good thing that I am ripped. But we still haven’t put everything in order because we just haven´t had enough time. That is what the rest of the afternoon will be for. And I will send pictures of the house next week. I would like to send a video but this computer only lets me send pictures. Oh and today I will send a picture from the top of our roof at 630ish in the morning.
Q: Did Elder Eickbush meet with you?
A: No, but he called me. He told me that dad told him to give me a big hug. When he told me that he had talked to dad it made me kind of sad but I fought back the sadness by doing laundry and cleaning the house. Sounds fun doesn’t it?
Q: Have you unpacked your suitcase yet?
A: Haha no.
Q: Do you want new towels?
A: No I am good. If I have to I will be able to buy new towels here.
Q: What are you sending me for my birthday?
A: When is that? Haha just kidding. There are some things I could send you like well I don’t think there is anything here that you would want. At least there is nothing here that I would send to you in the mail but when I come home in 18 months I may bring some things.
Q: What is your favorite efy song so far? I told you mine in that letter.
A: I don´t know names.... I like almost all of them to be honest there is only one that I don’t like. Oh and the list you put with the names of the songs doesn’t match up so I really don’t know their names. They are all pretty good. Oh As I Am is a good one. Umm I don’t want to use any more time thinking of the lyrics.
Q: Did the 3 packages arrive?
A: Yes, they arrived! I got them on Friday because district meeting was moved to Friday. They had everything. Thanks so much. I have to admit that I already opened the one present that I could tell had the music in it so you will have to forgive me. I didn’t open the other one so I will wait until Christmas to do it.
Q: Tyler wants to know how your health is. Have you gotten sick again?
A: Good. Not really.
Q: How's the ward? and Investigators?
A: The ward is good. The investigators are getting there. I explained this situation in a letter I sent home last week so you will just have to wait to see. Because I really don’t remember all that I wrote.
Q: Have you done any service?
A: Besides helping some women move, nope. Nobody never asks us to do anything and whenever we ask they just laugh in our faces.
Q: Can you get us a picture of you in your "missionary attire" for our Christmas cards?
A: We will see. I am not sure I have any in missionary attire.
Q: How were the bonbons, if you got them?
A: Spectacular! I am going to finish them all really quick.
Q: Do you know what you are doing for Christmas? Going to the mission home?
A: No we have a Christmas party the p-day before Christmas and on Christmas day I think we just stay in the house. Oh my DL said he wants to go caroling but he will probably be gone because transfers are the week before Christmas and he is finishing training so I have no idea.
Q: Any last requests for gifts?
A: Can´t think of any. I’ve got my fans, my bonbons, and everything I need.
Ok now onto the week. Oh and I hope mom and dad had fun down in Douglas. Was Tyler left home alone? That would be some pretty risky stuff there. I heard that he is a party animal.
Q: What time are you going to call us on Christmas?! We are counting down the days!!
A: Don’t know. I will find out in a week or two but I sent an email to mom that explained more. I just don´t want to type it again.
Q: Did you move?
A: Yes we moved Thursday. It was ridiculous. We moved everything in the back of an old pickup with a bed smaller than the blue truck´s bed in just two loads. We had the beds stacked so high. IT was pretty funny. But that fridge was ridiculous. It looks small but the thing was a tank and we had to carry it up the stairs. It is a good thing that I am ripped. But we still haven’t put everything in order because we just haven´t had enough time. That is what the rest of the afternoon will be for. And I will send pictures of the house next week. I would like to send a video but this computer only lets me send pictures. Oh and today I will send a picture from the top of our roof at 630ish in the morning.
Q: Did Elder Eickbush meet with you?
A: No, but he called me. He told me that dad told him to give me a big hug. When he told me that he had talked to dad it made me kind of sad but I fought back the sadness by doing laundry and cleaning the house. Sounds fun doesn’t it?
Q: Have you unpacked your suitcase yet?
A: Haha no.
Q: Do you want new towels?
A: No I am good. If I have to I will be able to buy new towels here.
Q: What are you sending me for my birthday?
A: When is that? Haha just kidding. There are some things I could send you like well I don’t think there is anything here that you would want. At least there is nothing here that I would send to you in the mail but when I come home in 18 months I may bring some things.
Q: What is your favorite efy song so far? I told you mine in that letter.
A: I don´t know names.... I like almost all of them to be honest there is only one that I don’t like. Oh and the list you put with the names of the songs doesn’t match up so I really don’t know their names. They are all pretty good. Oh As I Am is a good one. Umm I don’t want to use any more time thinking of the lyrics.
Q: Did the 3 packages arrive?
A: Yes, they arrived! I got them on Friday because district meeting was moved to Friday. They had everything. Thanks so much. I have to admit that I already opened the one present that I could tell had the music in it so you will have to forgive me. I didn’t open the other one so I will wait until Christmas to do it.
Q: Tyler wants to know how your health is. Have you gotten sick again?
A: Good. Not really.
Q: How's the ward? and Investigators?
A: The ward is good. The investigators are getting there. I explained this situation in a letter I sent home last week so you will just have to wait to see. Because I really don’t remember all that I wrote.
Q: Have you done any service?
A: Besides helping some women move, nope. Nobody never asks us to do anything and whenever we ask they just laugh in our faces.
Q: Can you get us a picture of you in your "missionary attire" for our Christmas cards?
A: We will see. I am not sure I have any in missionary attire.
Q: How were the bonbons, if you got them?
A: Spectacular! I am going to finish them all really quick.
Q: Do you know what you are doing for Christmas? Going to the mission home?
A: No we have a Christmas party the p-day before Christmas and on Christmas day I think we just stay in the house. Oh my DL said he wants to go caroling but he will probably be gone because transfers are the week before Christmas and he is finishing training so I have no idea.
Q: Any last requests for gifts?
A: Can´t think of any. I’ve got my fans, my bonbons, and everything I need.
Ok now onto the week. Oh and I hope mom and dad had fun down in Douglas. Was Tyler left home alone? That would be some pretty risky stuff there. I heard that he is a party animal.
Now onto the stuff from the week.
This week was hectic. On Tuesday afternoon I did an intercambio with Elder Allredge, Elder McFarland´s companion, and it went well. It was good to see how he worked because he is almost done with the mission. He has 2 weeks left. I don´t know why but I have had a lot of good opportunities to learn from older more experienced missionaries. I have already had like 8 intercambios and most of them with missionaries with a lot of experience. It is cool to see how they work. But we ended that intercambio Wednesday at lunch and we have had a good week since then. We put another fecha but that one is iffy now because of something we learned so we will see.
Every week in this area has been progress. Like I said in the letter Ii sent home last week that you will get just before Christmas, in my first week here we didn’t have much to do except for walk from one side of the area to the other but now we have organized the area and are working more systematically, which is awesome for me because it means less walking and more talking with people. This is what I would rather be doing... talking. Seems kinda crazy, 6 months ago I wouldn´t have talked to a stranger but now all I do all day everyday is talk to strangers. How crazy is that? It is fun. But we are still looking for solid investigators. We have a lot of investigators they just don’t want to go to church so they really can´t progress. We have found a few people that are awesome it is just a matter of them developing their own testimonies and relying on their faith in Jesus Christ and not relying on what we say as missionaries or what their families say or what their friends say. This is their challenge. I just hope they have enough faith to rely on what the Lord can tell them. Wow am I getting kinda preachy?
Um what else happened… We are teaching a really smart geologist guy and another really smart guy that works for the water systems of the country. I really like teaching smart people that already have faith in Jesus Christ. It is fun.
What else.... I think that is it. Well I will try to send pictures and talk to you next Wednesday. Have fun and always remember that you don’t have to cry all night long for me.
Love you all,
Elder Coniam
Roof top at 630am
Because the lights go out
No comments:
Post a Comment