Oh my goodness I feel like there is so much to say but so little time. But first I have to tell Grammy HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope she is doing well.
But can anyone else believe that it is 6 months tomorrow that I have been gone? I sure can´t. It feels like just yesterday you guys were all crying (not me at all) when you dropped me off at the MTC. It is crazy how the time just flies. But I have a lot to talk about, I think, so I am going to start with the questions after thanking the Dicksons for their package, THANK YOU DICKSON FAMILY, and telling you guys that Elder Rosado says thanks for the sweets. Ok now onto the questions....
Q: WHEN ARE YOU CALLING?!
A: On the 25. I will know more this Mondayn I think. Don’t worry I will call on the 25 and I should find out the time when it is closer to the 25.
Q: Do the Dominicans have refrigerators in their homes? - Tyler
A: Yes most of them. But it doesn’t matter because the light is terrible here.
Q: Who do you miss the most?
A: Myself.
Q: How was the Temple?
A: Great. Took some good pictures outside with Elder Paez, and the Elders that are from Arizona that were there. But yeah it was good.
Q: How’s the new house?
A: It is awesome. I took some videos of the views from the roof, and I think I sent you pictures last week of the views but yeah it is great. It is bigger and cleaner and a better breeze enters the house. I like it a lot.
Q: Have you been transferred yet?
A:Nope transfer calls come Sunday so on Monday you will find out if I am leaving or staying or being sent to Cuba or maybe Aruba.... it would be cool if they open the Cuba Mission and I get to go...
Q: We need a pic with you and your comp.
A: Took one today will try to send it today.
Q: How was Elder Eickbush's hug?
A: He didn’t come, the APs did and I didn’t give either of them hugs.
Q: Thursday is your 6 Month marker, any words of wisdom?!
A: Yes, D&C 89. haha church humor. No but really I don’t feel like I know anything. I am just starting so I am not sure I could share any deep insights or really helpful things other than READ YOUR SCRIPTURES, PRAY, AND GO TO CHURCH. That is all. It is interesting because when we talk to inactives and ask them if they are reading or praying they will often say no and if we ask them when they stopped doing those things they will say they never started. So do those things and you will be in great spiritual shape.
Whew I felt like I was getting interrogated. Now onto the week!
Ok, I don’t think I have talked much about the fechas that we have for this Saturday so here I go. First, Breedny. A 10 year old kid that has been going to church since he was little and is related to the Bishop somehow but was never baptized when he was eight because his parents are not members. But he told the Bishop he wanted to be baptized and so we began teaching him. This kid is smart. He is cool too. He is really excited for his baptism and this will be Elder Paez´s first baptism so he should be the one baptizing the kid. We will see but at 630ish Saturday everything will be set for the baptism. The other fecha that we have for this Saturday is Domingo Molinuevo but his fecha is going to fall because he is not keeping the Word of Wisdom.
So in my 2nd week here we were walking around and we went to visit a member. She has been a member for 20 plus years, one of the originals, and when we showed up she told us she was super happy because she was just about to call the bishop to have him come over and give a blessing of salud to her husband because he was doing terrible. They had come back from the doctors earlier in the week and the doctor had told them to buy a hospital bed and have Domingo just lay in it until he dies. So when we showed up his health wasn’t that good, to say the least. We gave him a blessing of salud and that Sunday he was at church and told us that he wanted to start receiving the charlas. So we went over there and put the fecha, the guy knows everything but he doesn’t want to give up coffee because he says when he doesn’t drink it his stomach hurts. So we will see. But recently when we went over there they started to tell us about how they have a fortune in Spain that has just been sitting in a bank. His great grandma was a queen of Spain and she had one son that she had sent to the DR to get away from some war or something in Spain and it turns out that that was Domingo´s dad. So they are getting all of their papers together so they can go to Spain and check everything out. DIQUE. (This means: so they say- with some doubt by the person saying it). But yeah those are our fechas for this weekend. We have set some others but I don’t have enough time to write about them.
But here are some interesting things that happened this week: Yesterday two guys had a bottle fight that turned into a bottle and brick fight but they got broken up before any serious damage. 2 days ago our neighbors slaughtered a pig at like 7 in the morning and I saw them draining the blood. There was a ward Christmas party this past Saturday that we went to because we had some investigators there, in fact more than went to church the next day, and that was pretty cool.
I’m not sure there is anything else. I think I am forgetting something but oh well I am going to try to send pictures so bye-bye and love me. I’ll write on Monday and you will find out if I get transferred again! Take care and have good weeks
Love
Elder Michael Coniam
But can anyone else believe that it is 6 months tomorrow that I have been gone? I sure can´t. It feels like just yesterday you guys were all crying (not me at all) when you dropped me off at the MTC. It is crazy how the time just flies. But I have a lot to talk about, I think, so I am going to start with the questions after thanking the Dicksons for their package, THANK YOU DICKSON FAMILY, and telling you guys that Elder Rosado says thanks for the sweets. Ok now onto the questions....
Q: WHEN ARE YOU CALLING?!
A: On the 25. I will know more this Mondayn I think. Don’t worry I will call on the 25 and I should find out the time when it is closer to the 25.
Q: Do the Dominicans have refrigerators in their homes? - Tyler
A: Yes most of them. But it doesn’t matter because the light is terrible here.
Q: Who do you miss the most?
A: Myself.
Q: How was the Temple?
A: Great. Took some good pictures outside with Elder Paez, and the Elders that are from Arizona that were there. But yeah it was good.
Q: How’s the new house?
A: It is awesome. I took some videos of the views from the roof, and I think I sent you pictures last week of the views but yeah it is great. It is bigger and cleaner and a better breeze enters the house. I like it a lot.
Q: Have you been transferred yet?
A:Nope transfer calls come Sunday so on Monday you will find out if I am leaving or staying or being sent to Cuba or maybe Aruba.... it would be cool if they open the Cuba Mission and I get to go...
Q: We need a pic with you and your comp.
A: Took one today will try to send it today.
Q: How was Elder Eickbush's hug?
A: He didn’t come, the APs did and I didn’t give either of them hugs.
Q: Thursday is your 6 Month marker, any words of wisdom?!
A: Yes, D&C 89. haha church humor. No but really I don’t feel like I know anything. I am just starting so I am not sure I could share any deep insights or really helpful things other than READ YOUR SCRIPTURES, PRAY, AND GO TO CHURCH. That is all. It is interesting because when we talk to inactives and ask them if they are reading or praying they will often say no and if we ask them when they stopped doing those things they will say they never started. So do those things and you will be in great spiritual shape.
Whew I felt like I was getting interrogated. Now onto the week!
Ok, I don’t think I have talked much about the fechas that we have for this Saturday so here I go. First, Breedny. A 10 year old kid that has been going to church since he was little and is related to the Bishop somehow but was never baptized when he was eight because his parents are not members. But he told the Bishop he wanted to be baptized and so we began teaching him. This kid is smart. He is cool too. He is really excited for his baptism and this will be Elder Paez´s first baptism so he should be the one baptizing the kid. We will see but at 630ish Saturday everything will be set for the baptism. The other fecha that we have for this Saturday is Domingo Molinuevo but his fecha is going to fall because he is not keeping the Word of Wisdom.
So in my 2nd week here we were walking around and we went to visit a member. She has been a member for 20 plus years, one of the originals, and when we showed up she told us she was super happy because she was just about to call the bishop to have him come over and give a blessing of salud to her husband because he was doing terrible. They had come back from the doctors earlier in the week and the doctor had told them to buy a hospital bed and have Domingo just lay in it until he dies. So when we showed up his health wasn’t that good, to say the least. We gave him a blessing of salud and that Sunday he was at church and told us that he wanted to start receiving the charlas. So we went over there and put the fecha, the guy knows everything but he doesn’t want to give up coffee because he says when he doesn’t drink it his stomach hurts. So we will see. But recently when we went over there they started to tell us about how they have a fortune in Spain that has just been sitting in a bank. His great grandma was a queen of Spain and she had one son that she had sent to the DR to get away from some war or something in Spain and it turns out that that was Domingo´s dad. So they are getting all of their papers together so they can go to Spain and check everything out. DIQUE. (This means: so they say- with some doubt by the person saying it). But yeah those are our fechas for this weekend. We have set some others but I don’t have enough time to write about them.
But here are some interesting things that happened this week: Yesterday two guys had a bottle fight that turned into a bottle and brick fight but they got broken up before any serious damage. 2 days ago our neighbors slaughtered a pig at like 7 in the morning and I saw them draining the blood. There was a ward Christmas party this past Saturday that we went to because we had some investigators there, in fact more than went to church the next day, and that was pretty cool.
I’m not sure there is anything else. I think I am forgetting something but oh well I am going to try to send pictures so bye-bye and love me. I’ll write on Monday and you will find out if I get transferred again! Take care and have good weeks
Love
Elder Michael Coniam
Elder Coniam and Elder Paez


No comments:
Post a Comment