Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011

Ok.  I guess I will start by saying what I did on Thursday since Lyssa asked. Let’s see, we had district meeting so we went to that and that was cool I guess. I got the Christmas stuff package which we will set up in the new house when we move this week (real quick side note here: WE GET TO MOVE THIS WEEK!!!!!! At least that is what the viviendas Elder said today. It should be Wednesday or Thursday so that will be awesome). Oh and the dearelders came but it was just Ty´s and the first half of Lyssa´s so yeah. They may have sent it to another area and I may get the rest this week but we will see. Oh and, Tyler, I heard you are doing excellent in school, all A´s and B´s, that is heavy (Dominican for cool). So keep it up, the semester is almost over.

Ok back to this Thursday... We went to Pico Pollo after district meeting, well four of us did, and we had a nice Thanksgiving meal. It was cool but it was just like any other Thursday. I am not sure we did anything special. One of our investigators thought that Thursday was like their 24th of December here which was pretty funny. We had to explain to her the difference between Christmas and Thanksgiving.
But back to Thursday, we went to the house, planned for the next week and then left for the street. We were on our way to talk to Danny, a 22 year old that is really progressing well (he read 3 Ne 11 last week and gave a meticulous verse by verse coverage of what happened which was pretty cool), and when we found him, he was with a bunch of his friends. We were talking to Danny and then one of his friends came up to me and started to tell me how much she liked me. So we got out of there pretty quick. It is crazy how much attention you get for being white here. Then that afternoon we found a really cool guy named David that was teaching his kids something, so we stopped to talk to him. He let us in and then told us how he was of a different faith because his brother is a pastor there. So we talked with him and left a folleto and set up a return appointment. When we went back, we explained the folleto and at the end of the lesson he told us that the rest of his family is strong in their faith but that he hasn´t been converted yet and that he really liked what we taught him. He seems pretty smart and it is a real family, like dad and mom and kids. SO I hope he continues listening to us. There was some more lessons that day but I don´t think any of them were spectacular or anything out of the ordinary. We also had another lesson during the week that was cool. We went to an investigator's house and her aunt was there. Her aunt is very religious but she was very accepting of our message. At the end of the lesson she told us why. Like my second or third day in this area I saw some women struggling to move stuff so I told my comp we should help them and we did. This lady saw us do that and she said it was the reason she listened to us. She talked a lot about the scripture in Corinthians that says something to the effect of that without love, nothing else matters and she told us she was grateful that we were showing our love for others because she is having a bad experience with that (she has cancer and has had it for a while and she left her church after nobody from her church went to check up on her or even stopped by to say hi). She is a nice lady so I hope she progresses well. She already told us she has some doubts but I hope she will hear us out. Um that is the kind of service we do here, random on-the-spot service. I think that is all I wanted to tell you from the week.

Oh some random things: The grandson of one of our investigators looks like Eric´s twin. So ask Aunt Teri if Eric has a twin because if he does, I found him.
And the grandfather that we are teaching is of royal blood. His great grandmother, something Molinuevo, was the queen of Spain or something, I don´t know, you would have to look it up.
We have rats in the house and they chew the electrical wires so the people downstairs lose their power every time this happens.

Okay now onto the questions.

Q: Why do you keep not sending us pictures? And you can't blame it on the computer (:
A: Well, lets see, you try to send pictures on a computer that doesn´t have a USB Port...But we will see today if I can send some.

Q: How's your comp? Have you gotten use to him yet? Is his name Elder Paez?
A: Yes, yes, and yes. He is cool. He is of my group so that is weird, but we are working hard and as long as we work hard, we will get along. We have fun and work hard. The best combinations of both worlds.

Q: Should the Sun Devils fire Dennis Erickson? 6 and 6 was their record...
A: No, give him another year. I don´t know, I didn´t see them play. If their play was unispired then I say they kick the old man to the curb and hire someone younger.... Or they could wait until the summer of
2013 and I know someone that would be able to coach them to a national championship ;)

Q: We were looking at your phone contacts and are wondering who "stalker" and "stalker's friend" are.
A: Hmmmmm, I should have deleted that......... but they are exactly who they say they are. Stalker and stalker´s friend. To be honest, I don´t even remember their names because that was from so long ago.

Q: Have you done any good in the world today?
A: Yes, I... let me think.

Q: Did you move into a new apartment? Do you like it? Does it have a hot shower?
A:  No, yes, I don´t think so.

Q: Did you get the boxes?
A: The box, yes, with the tree and the other Christmas stuff. We were in the Office today and no mail came from Miami this past Friday so it seems like a lot will be coming before Thursday.

Q: Have you cried about missing me yet?
A: Didn´t you save the message on your phone?

Q: Do you wear your Arizona shirt a lot? Do you need another one?!
A: No, because it is in the bottom of my luggage and you would have to have space to put your clothes if you wanted to empty your suitcases. We have ZERO space for anything so yeah.

Q: What are the pluses and minuses of your mission?
A: Plus: Lord´s work. P-days. Get to help people (this reminds me of a story I need to send in a letter but let’s just say a guy was having women problems and he was looking for a pistol), District Meeting Days.  Learning how to cook, Fall asleep easy at night even though the bed is as tough as sleeping on that plywood board like me and dad did at Camp Geronimo. Oh, and the Manzana Verde Refresco.
Minus: Rats in the house. Too poor to buy anything but pastas. Yeah, I think that is it.

Q: How many sister missionaries are there in your mission?
A: Um, I don´t know. There are 2 in my zone. I would guess around 20.

But I am going to try to send some pictures or videos so we will see how that goes. Everyone have a good week and don´t miss me too much.

Love Always
Elder Miguel Coniam

<!--[endif]-->

No comments: