Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19, 2011

First, I will answer the questions since the first one was what I was going to write about anyways!

Q: WHEN ARE YOU CALLING? WHAT TIME?!
A: Okay here is the deal. You are calling me. I will give you the phone number to our phone here in Sabana and you will call here because for us to call out it would be too expensive. So the phone number is: (Sorry we won’t put this on the blog). Now, this doesn’t mean that you can call me every day (I know you want to) but on the 25th of December at 1:00 (DR TIME) you can call. My comp is talking to his parents earlier in the morning and I will talk to you in the afternoon. So you can buy a phone card or if the COX has international calling you should be fine. They say that we can talk for 45 minutes but everyone I have talked to says they talk for as long as they want so I am not sure how solid that rule is. But yep that should be how it works. Talk to you then! 

Q: What is up with your soles on your shoes?
A: Well, this area is super rocky. It is ridiculous how rocky it is. It feels like it is tenderizing my feet. But as you can see in the picture, I taped the bottoms of the soles so they would stop coming out. So far it has worked. If anything, I will buy shoe soles in 6 months but they are fine. I just wanted to show you how much walking I have done.

Q: Which Christmas CD or song did you like?
A: Jeez, I am terrible with names..... I like the one with all of the different artists the best.  Just because you get to hear different singing voices that are good... not saying anything about Dominican singing.

Q: Did the fechas (dates) go through?
A: Breedny got baptized but Domingo´s fell like I thought. We actually went by and talked to him and he told us that he had been drinking coffee still and the rule is that they have to have a week without breaking the Word of Wisdom or Law of Chastity or any of the commandments that we teach. So since he broke that one he couldn´t have been baptized. But Breedny´s baptism was good. I’ll try to send pictures of the baptism. It was Elder Paez´s first baptism so he got to baptize the kid. It was really cool.

Q: What do you think about Tim Tebow thanking God every time he scores a touchdown?
A: I think God does not care about Tim Tebow scoring touchdowns but if he wants to do it, he can. There is nothing wrong with thanking God for blessing him with athletic abilities and stuff like that.

Q: Do you recognize any MLB players down there?
A: Haha no. I haven’t lived in a rich enough area for MLB players to be around. There are a lot of kids that walk around in full baseball gear that one day could be MLB players.

Q; Have you gotten to play any baseball with the Dominicans yet?
A: Only with the missionaries and it was Batilla not real baseball.

Q: Have you gotten to take any hot showers yet?
A: The showers during the middle of the day are usually hotter so I like to take a shower after lunch and then a cold one at night. That’s the way it is.

Q: Did you get transferred?
A: Nope staying put with Elder Paez. From what it looks like, missionaries stay in this area for 6 months and then leave. It will be good because it will be the first time I have a companion for 3 months and an area for 3 months. I am excited.

Q: Did you get the package me and Brandon sent you?
A: Nope. I don’t think so - maybe. You have to tell me what is in it for me to know because I am thinking about too many things to remember exactly. I have scatterbrain. I got Nan´s package last Thursday. Thanks NAN!

Q: Were your bonbons melted when you got them?
A: Half yes half no.

Q: What are you guys doing new years?
A. I have no idea. They don’t tell us anything because we are just normal missionaries and neither of us are ZLs or anything.  But I would assume that we stay in the house. I have no idea.

Ok now onto the week if I have anything more to say...

Ok to talk about the rest of the week since Wednesday. Let’s see.... Thursday we had district meeting and I picked up two packages, one from Nana with peanut butter and goodies and the other from you guys with Nutter Butters and more. Thanks! Everyone gives me a hard time  because it seems like I get a package every week but it is just because they are jealous. Oh and Tyler, thanks for the McDonalds dollar that says only valid in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico....I know you miss me Ty.

Let’s see, Friday nothing out of the ordinary and Saturday morning we spent cleaning the baptismal font and the afternoon we spent teaching English and getting ready for the baptism but like everything else here it started 30 minutes late. I really don’t like Dominican Standard Time. The baptism went well. There were 30 people there so there was plenty of support.

Let’s see, I am going to skip to Monday today, because today was our Christmas party as a mission. It was fun but it really took up the whole P-day and now we can´t wash our clothes or clean the house and we have to try to find time to do that during the week. I wish they would have planned it for a day of the week so we could get all of the stuff we needed to done but it looks like the office will have to wait. It was cool because every missionary was there; even those in the islas (islands) were there by webcam, so I got to talk to a lot of missionaries that I haven’t seen in a while. It is fun to see people from old zones and what not. That was the good thing about moving around so much. But got to go to try to send pictures!
Love you all and will talk to you Sunday - don´t forget to call! Don´t cry, we get to talk soon!

Love Me,
Elder MPConiam


No comments: