Monday, December 26, 2011

December 26, 2011

Well, first off, Happy Birthday Lyssa (Brandon don´t let her read this until the 27th). And thanks to Brother Hernandez and the Winters for the Christmas greetings, they are both hanging up in the house. And I am eating one cookie a day but they are so good. I can´t say much more because I think I told you guys everything yesterday and not much more has happened since then. But I guess I could answer your questions.....

Q: Do you have an oven you can bake in?
A: The question should be do you have a pan you can bake with.... the answer would be no. Plus I am not sure how clean the oven is. In my first house the mice lived in the oven so yeah.

Q: For the DVD player can we send you church movies?
A: Yes you can.

Q: How did you like the stuff in your stocking?
A: It is all very useful. Thank you very much. It will all go to good use.

Q: Did you cry or were you stung in front of your companion?
A: I didn’t cry. I hung up really quick so I wouldn’t cry. It was really weird. I thought I was going to cry and I almost began to cry when dad started talking about how much time I had left but I held it back and everything is good. One Christmas down and one more to go. Isn’t it crazy? If you would have told me a year ago that I would be in the DR on Christmas I would have laughed in your face but it is crazy how much has happened in a year.

So real quick, I forgot to tell you guys yesterday that Alfonso Soriano´s mom lives in the area right across the street from us. I was talking to one of the missionaries in that area and he told me that they were talking to a lady and she looked exactly like him and when they went into her house he saw all this trophies and pictures of him and she told them that she was his mom. But Alfonso Soriano tells everyone he is an orphan. And I guess she lives in pretty bad conditions but she says that she just wants to see her kid again because she sent him to Cuba when he was 12 to play baseball but he won’t admit that she is his mom or do a blood test or anything because it would ruin his orphan story.... pretty crazy. If I do an intercambio over there I am going to take a picture with her. 

Oh and this morning I saw a kid dressed up in all Padres gear and another in D-Backs gear but I didn’t get to ask him if he was on their Dominican team. But I am sure he was because everything he was wearing was super nice.

OK and I wanted you to read two talks from this last conference. Elder Hales: Waiting upon the Lord and Elder Callister: The Book of Mormon-A Book from God. They are two of my favorite talks. I really like Elder Hales talk. But I am not sure there is much more to tell you but I am going to try to send a lot of pictures so that should make up for little to say.

Love you guys lots and will talk to you next week. Oh and I loved the present because I need the alarm clock that plays music and not just listening to a beep. It is a lot more pleasant to wake up to music than a beep-beep-beep-beeeeeeep noise. One more thing that I do want though is the erasable crayons because they are really good scripture markers and I can´t find them here. But take care. I love you guys and will write with some interesting stuff next Monday for sure. It just feels like you guys know everything.... oh you don’t. We passed by the guy that wanted to kill his girlfriend that lit a car on fire and is in jail. Supposedly he may get out this week so we will see what happens with that craziness. Everything should be fine..... But for the third time, love you all and take care.

Elder Michael P Coniam de La República Dominicana

 Elder Coniam's Bed
 View from his balcony
 Christmas things from family and friends
 Surprise!
Talking to Mike!

No comments: