Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 104..

Well, as you all know, I will be home in 8 days or something like that but my life as a missionary ends on Sunday but more on that later.....I think that it is crazy that it has gone by so fast. I remember sitting in church and seeing the returned missionaries speak and thinking, wow, they are old. Is it weird if I don't think that now? I am not that old am I? Well I don't feel like it but maybe I am. Anyways onto the questions for one last time!

Q So pretty weird to say this, but it's your final week in the dr as a missionary. What are you gonna miss the most?
A Not having to worry about myself. I have not had to worry about myself for 2 years and now all of a sudden I have to worry about myself. 

Q are you going to write to us next Monday?
A I have no idea. I know that we are going to stay in the Hilton....I don't know if that is good or bad.

Q have you told any of the families in your area that you are going home?
A Yep I have or really my companions have.

Q have they given you any presents?
A. Nope........

Q.  Did you know we are 1/16 Chippewa Indian?
A. I thought we were part Indian but I didn't know how much.

Q are you gonna miss any of the food?
A I think no. Well maybe the fruits because they are better here.

Q are you excited to remember what home is like?
A. Yes I say that I am trunky but I am not a dead missionary. I still love the work but I miss you guys and living comfortably. I am definitely trunky.

Q who do you think has changed the most?
A. I'M going to say Ty just because he was the youngest so he could have changed the most. Us old folk are hard to change we are like rocks that take tons of effort to change.

Q what does this week look like for you?
A. Well, this week will just be a normal week as a missionary except for Friday. On Friday we have a training meeting on how to prepare ourselves for an eternal marriage. But I am going to treat the other days like they are normal days in the mission. Sadly there will be no baptism on Saturday but I am happy with what I have done in this area. We have found a family that is progressing really well and we have reactivated a man that was a bishop and has been inactive for over 10 years. We also are working with a menos activo family that has 8 kids and none of them are members. I have really enjoyed this area.

But that is basically it. I am really thankful for the opportunity that I have had to get to know the people that I have gotten to know. Today I had a pretty cool experience. I went to lunch with some  cool missionaries that I have met in the mission and one of them was Elder Denton. It was funny because we were talking and then he asked me if I remembered that I dreamt one night that I was going to end my mission with Elder Perry and I remember talking with him about that and thinking how ridiculous it seemed at the time. But cool beans. I had a pretty uneventful day today with no much that happened. But it was good and I got to say goodbye to some of my friends. When we come back we will definitely visit with most of them because they will be in their last week in the mission. But anyways I don't know what else to say. I guess Ill have some more to say later. Anyways good talking to you from lejos but it will be nice to talk close up.

The first but not the last,
Elder Coniam

No comments: