Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27, 2012

Well I bet a lot of inferences can be made from the title that I put on the subject line so I will let you make some for a few seconds.............................

Ok so this was a pretty different week. The week started off pretty normal in our trio. On Tuesday morning I left with a leader from the ward to do visits while Elder Moore and Elder Castillo went to do other visits. Then in the afternoon we got back together and it was a little weird to not ahve a real comp for a while but it was alright I got to teach a lot more than  normal so that was nice. But that afternoon was normal until we got a call ata bout 9PM when they called to tell us that Elder Chapman would be coming back to be with Elder Castillo in Vista Bella B the next morning so that made us pretty excited. SO he got back the next morning and it was a weird day to be back in pairs but then at night time we got more news. The APs called us and told us that a hurricane would be coming our way on friday and so we werent going to have district meeting the next day but instead we were to go to the store and get everything that we needed. The next day we went and the store was pretty packed. But everyone was really calm so that was nice. The only thing that was nearly impossible to do was to take out money because oh my goodness the line was huge and nobody knows how to use an ATM here! But whatever we survived that thursday and we were allowed toleave like normal that afternoon. Friday morning we were also allowed to leave and originally in the afternoon they ga ve us permission also but they called us back in after 20 tminutes in the street and told us to get back in the house and it was a good thing they did because the storm hit pretty soon after that. It wasnt too bad but the winds and everything were pretty crazy. It was a pretty strong storm. We ended up making nachos and brownies on friday and it wasnt too borinbg. And on saturday we didnt have permission to leave except for the fact that we had 5 baptisms on saturday. We had special permission from President that was if we could get a ride from a member to and from the church we could do the baptisms. This also meant a ride for those that were getting baptized and we got it done. I had to go turn on the generator in the back of the church there is a seperate building that had a generator so I had to get that unlocked and whatnot in the rain so that was pretty fun. And the baptisimal service was probably one of the better ones that I have participated in. I will send some fotos of all that stuff. But that was pretty much our week. We also got called last night for transfers and I am staying here with the same comp so that will be 3 transfers with the same comp. Pretty interesting........ but we will see what happens
this transfer. Ok now onto the questions and then to send fotos.....

Q: Do you miss school?
A: No.

Q: Do you like the new CD Ty sent you?!
A: Heck yeah it is awesome. I also like number 5 like Ty but I also like 4 and pretty much all of them.

Q: Do you only speak Spanish with your comps?
A: Nope. Well when we were in a trio and we ahad a spanish comp we had to speak spanish or it would have been disrespectful but if it is just me and my american comp we speak english.  We probably shouldnt but I really dont like to catch the accent of my comp because lots of them can have super bad accents  (me included) so I prefer speaking in english.

Q: Did you get any tropical storm action this week?!
A:Heck yeah and I told yáll about it.

Ok well I am going to end that way I can send you all some fotos and what not. But dont miss me too much and wow time sure is going super fast. But whatever its pa´lante like they say in dominican!!!!!!!!

Love me the mostest,
THE Elder Michael P. Coniam






No comments: