Well, as the title says, another week in Villa Mella. More of the same so I am not really sure what to tell you but I guess I could just start by answering the questions!
Q: Did you see the Mexico videos that we took for you?
A:Yeah...I meant to tell you last week that NONE of them worked! SO that should answer the question!
Q: Did you get Luke’s note about eating one of your dingdongs? And Grandma Joan’s cookies?
A:Yep, I sure did, and those dingdongs were great and so were those cookies from Grandma Joan. We really enjoyed them in the house.
Q: Did you get the postcards from Santa Barbara?
A: Well, I got one so I hope it was only one that was sent. It is one with the UCSB on it. It looks super nice.
Q. Are Elder and Sister Eickbush still on their mission?
A. Yep, as far as I know they are still here. I haven't been to the office in a while but I would assume that they are here. I really hope they are here.
Ok now on to the tough part, what happened this week. I need to think of something new because I usually just say the same stuff over and over so something new...
Well, on the not so positive side we have been having trouble getting people to church and so we threw the nuclear bomb and went by the people´s house on Sunday morning. Five families we visited from 8 to 9 trying to see if they would be able to go to church and not one of those families went. So it seems like we will be leaving some people because they cannot progress without going to church and I don't want to teach them too much because --well, it just isn't a good idea. So we will be looking for lots of new people this week and having the awkward lesson with the people that we are dropping to tell them that we are dropping them. Super sad because these people have such great potential but we have tried all that is possible and, well, it just seems like it isn't their time.
On the brighter side, I got to do a baptismal interview with a girl that is super prepared. I really like doing the interviews and seeing people that have decided to change their lives for the better. It is a really cool experience.
Also there was a lot of rain this week. I mean tons. And some people have been saying that it is going to keep going like that. I really hope it doesn't. I mean I don't like the heat but the rain can be super annoying because it is hard to find people to teach because all of the people just tell you to come into their house even if they don't want to talk to you because they are afraid of the rain and they don't want you to get sick. But that is just the culture here. At least the people want to help.
Today has been a good day. We went to parque del este and I got to see Elder Perry and Elder Paez and ELder Lefevre. That was pretty cool. I am not going to lie though, it was a little weird without Elder McFarland but wow. I think I am starting to get old in the mission and, geez, I don't want to get old. That would suck. But oh well part of life. I have to get old some day. But that is cool to hear about David. I am sure I will feel the same way. I think you get accustomed to the people and you grow to love them and then you have to leave. It seems like that is how it is. Especially in Latin American countries where the people are so friendly. But it is a good experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I feel like I have learned and grown more in these short 13 months than ever before in my life. It is pretty cool.
Well, I am going to try and send some photos but we will see if it allows me to do it!
Love me,
Elder Coniam
No comments:
Post a Comment