Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16, 2012

Well we had transfer calls last night, cool thing was that we get to know before everybody else and then have to call everyone to tell them what is happening. Super awesome. I took the call and oh my goodness there were lots of changes in the zone. An Elder that was headed out to El Seibo and another one that is going to be with Elder Perry in El Caleta so that was pretty cool. I am really excited for this transfer. We should see some great progress. But now onto the questions..........wait Brandon. You think I forgot! Happy Birthday!!!!! The big old 27. You got to have lots of Words of Wisdom (besides the commandment) so I would like to hear some of them........... And I did get the packages and oh my goodness everything in them was great. Stuff for the microwave, which was awesome and lots of fatteners like Ding dongs and Oreos and everything. Thanks a tons! So finally onto the questions:

Q: Did you get the bug? What did you call it?? Grip?
A: Nope didnt get it! Yet........... And I called it the gripe. It is what they call a cold here. It can be everything from a fever to coughing to a runny nose to a sore throat. Gripe is everything. And it is pronounced greepay.

Q: Should Alyssa hit Tyler?
A: No. ¡Amarás a tu Dios sobre todas las cosas y amarás a tu prójimo como a ti mismo! I can only say church things in spanish so sorry. Basically you shouldnt do it because you love Ty.

Q: Do you need some new inner-soles for your shoes or shaving cream?
How are you feeling? How are your baptisms coming? Who are they and what’s there story?
A: No but before I forget I do need some Contact Solution sothanks in advance.. Good. We will see. Dont want to jinx anything. And I will tell when they happen well I guess I can tell you more about the Haitian couple that lived in Canada and moved here a month ago. Their names are Roland and Jaja and they are super cool. They dont speak much spanish in fact they speak basically none but he speaks english and their family speaks french. They have a family of 6 or more and they are super cool. He works as an exporter of fruits so they live in a pretty wealthy part of our area. They are super cool and want to get baptized. We have only taught them three times but they have gone to church 4 times and they are starting to commit themselves to live the commandments. IT is pretty awesome. He says that he doesnt know if he should stop drinking alcohol, not that he drinks it regularly just that he does if they go somewhere and they offer it to him. So he said he was going to pray about it  and see if it is somethign that God wants him to do. She said she is going to stop drinking coffee and they are looking into how they can get married. They were in Haiti in 2010 when the earthquake hit and they were going to get married the folling month but after the  earthquake it ruined all of their plans and they were unable to get married and ended up leaving Haiti. They are really cool and he is trying to extend his business to the DR from Canada and Haiti. Really cool family that could become solid members of the church. I am really excited for them. We ahve some other people but they arent going to church consistently or we just dont feel they are ready. The hardest thing is church attendance. Oh my goodness or ay mi madre as a good dominican would say. Craziness but nada. We keep working hard and the Lord will keep blessing us. It is amazing how much we are blessed. Sometimes it seems like we arent in our area at all but we end up having a good week. It is pretty awesome.. Other than that not much happened this week. We ahd to run some errands for the assistants and Hermana Hernandez so that took some time out of week but that is our life and our resposibility here. But to be honest I think that is all. I feel like my emails are getting shorter and shorter but I dont know why. But I guess that is
just how it is.  



Have a good restful weekend and dont miss me too much!

Love me the mostest,
Elder Michael Coniam

No comments: