Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26, 2012

Well, as you can tell, we worked like dogs this week (like every other week but now it is just that much harder for me because I have another missionary's life in my hands) but no big deal, we will work hard and we will be fine. My voice is starting to get weak at the end of days because I have to talk so much but that should change here shortly.  But first off, I got the packages this Wednesday when we went to the temple so that was cool. More about that later but the packages were great. And Bralyssa, thanks for the tie, it is super awesome and I wore it the first day that I had it(Ill try to send a picture). And can I just state the obvious......Tyler is un poquito loco. I watched the videos and oh my goodness he is crazy. But don't worry, Ty, we still love you no matter how crazy you can be and the videos were pretty funny. I still have to watch the last one but I will watch it this afternoon when I finally have time to watch it. Also Maggie is fat! What have you been feeding her? She is a horse. Brando asked about the Office Elders. Our office elders are really cool. The APs and everyone. In my last area we had to look for a house and the APs and office elders helped us move all of the stuff and they were really cool. They really have a different life than that of the normal missionary. We have an American, a New Zealander, a Brit and a Dominican in the office so it is pretty cool. And on Wednesday I talked to Elder Eickbush and he told me that I have a great family and I told him that my parents think the same about him. He is married and he told me that his anniversary was actually the 18th of March so that was pretty cool. Oh, and the coolest contact of the week.....a Dominican that works in Samana at a hotel and guess who his favorite team is....THE DBACKS!!! It was pretty cool. He told us he wont be able to go to church for a while because he spends 6 days out of the house and 1 in the house but he has a family of 7 and is really cool. His name is Armando. But yeah, I'll answer your questions right after the break!

OK here are the questions and answers!


Q: How’s my grandson? Did he get to go to the MTC in the DR? -Dad
A: He is good. He is just like me at the beginning. Understand a lot but not be able to talk. But he is doing really well. Yeah, he got to come here to the MTC so that was good for him but he says that he learned more about doctrine than the language, which is exactly how I felt. Hopefully I can send you a picture from one of the first nights it is pretty funny. It will show you how much work we have been doing!

Q: How tired are you this week?
A: I am dead but somehow I keep moving. But hopefully I get to recharge today and take a nice break. We will see! 

Q: How has a week of lights and water been?
A: Oh my goodness it is so awesome. Now all I need is a hot water heater and I am in heaven! TO be honest it is weird with light 24/7 because I haven't had that for 7 months so it is pretty cool!

Q: How was the temple on Wednesday?
A:Amazing. Just what I needed. It was a really good day. Up at 5 AM and off in the guagua so you understand. 2 1/2 hours to get to the capitol! But we got to eat in the capitol and I got to see 2 of my comps so that was pretty cool. Hadn't seen Elder Paez in over a month so that was nice. Then we went to the office to get mail and I had two packages in the office. SO that made the trip back pretty cool. I really enjoyed Wednesday.

Q: How much was your bus ride from the temple to el Seibo?
A:2 1/2 hours and 175 pesos each way! Ridiculously expensive! Kinda funny that it is expensive for me because for you guys it is like $6 but yeah. 

Q: What are you doing for Conference? Can you believe it’s that time already?
A: We don't know yet. I am hoping we get to go to La Romana and stay the night so we can watch it in English but we will see. And no I cant believe it sooooooooooo fast!

Q: Do you go to any other cities besides El Seibo?
A:No, we don't. There is a little city just on the other side of the river but we don't go over there because,well, we would have to walk over an hour and we don't have permiso for motoconchos so we aren't going over there.

Q: Did you get our birthday present we sent? Or the videos that we sent?
A:Yep got it all and THANK YOU VERY MUCH! It probably sounds lame that I always just say thank you but I really do appreciate everything it is just difficult to get emotion across the Internet!

Q: How close are the markets?
A:15 minute walk from the house. IT is not fun!

Q: How much the eggs, milk and bread are? Are they more expensive? 

Q: What is your time there? Has it changed because of daylight savings or is it still 3 hours difference? We will need to change our missionary clock (:
A:It is the same. The DR only has one time zone and I don't think they do DST because the whole world would get turned upside down. it is 1:26 right now.

Q: Tyler has gotten taller in the past you have suggested cutting off his legs… would you still suggest this? –Tyler
A:Yep that would still be my suggestion.

Q: Have you found a favorite family yet?
A: Um not yet. There is a cool family but they aren't as cool as my last favorite family. We are still looking.

Q: What meals are you going to cook for us when you come home?!
A:Lots and lots of spaghetti.

Q: Is this a nicer area? Is it stinky?
A:It is nicer. Air quality in the campo sky rockets. You can actually breathe!

Well not much more to say because I want to try to send pictures home! SO I hope you all have good weeks and work hard but also have fun! Oh and I have three requests.... 1. could I get a fitted sheet for a bed. 2. Could Tyler get his shoes out of my room 3. Oh and please no more shaving gel. I would feel bad if I had to leave it but I haven't used any of it that I came with so I am good on that. 

But all of you have great weeks and take care lots!!!!

Love,

Elder Michael Philip Coniam

 Temple Trip

No comments: