Q: How does it feel to be 20?!
A: The same.
Q: How was the ride to El Seibo?
A: Long and squished. AND EXPENSIVE. It is good that I am getting reimbursed for that ride because oh my goodness.
Q: Do you know how often you’ll get packages and when, like the end of the month? Every four weeks, six weeks?
A: Well not really sure. This week we go to Gascue so for sure this week and then also not this Friday but a week from Friday we should get packages but you really don't have to send me anything because it is a hassle to get everything back to the house because we are so far out.
Q: What did you eat for your birthday dinner? Or do for your birthday anything special?
A: Um I had some oreos and milk.....but that was it. Nothing special just another day.
Q: “Phil” us in on Elder Perry. (That “Phil” was compliments of Dad)
A:Haha so funny. He is really cool. He is from Pennsylvania but he has lived in Utah for the past 8 years.
Q: How many people are in your district? Are your zone leaders able to bring your packages to you from the mission office when they visit your city?
A:There are 6 in our district. the missionaries from Hato Mayor, Sabana de la Mar and us. Haha the ZLs don't visit our city so yeah. We are pretty far out there.
Q: How’s Bishop Gil? In the La Manicera Ward?
A:He is cool. I haven't really talked to him a lot and the ward is alright. I kinda miss my last ward and all the people I know from there but now it is time to start over and meet lots more people. But it is a lot smaller with only 60 people in church this past Sunday but we will see how we can help that out.
Q: Would you like me to print off maps of El Seibo with street names?
A:That would be nice because we don't have one. If you would do that I would be eternally grateful because I want to look for menos activos and stuff but it is impossible without street names.
Q: Did you get our bday gift? And packages? What a bout the memory card with videos?
A:Nope haven't received them. For sure this Wednesday when I go to the temple.
Ok we will continue.....
First off, on Monday night it was super sad to say goodbye to all of my people back in Sabana Perdida. I loved that area. At the beginning I really didn't think one way or the other about it but in the end, I came to love the people and I wish I would have gotten to be there for another 6 weeks. That would have been awesome but here we are in El Seibo (well technically we are in La Romana because there was an activity here so yeah) and it is going well. Lots of walking and talking to people. Oh my goodness, it is a huge area for 2 missionaries. We will never get bored. Oh, and there are a few really strong members that have 20+ years in the church and some of them say they remember an Elder Christensen from the early '90s. But they are Dominicans and so you would have to ask Troy if he was ever in the Seibo.
But oh my goodness, I can´t even explain how much more tired I am. Being a trainer basically means that you have the trainee´s life in your hands and if you do something to mess that up, it could end very ugly. And now I know how Elder McFarland felt because I was just like Elder Perry when I started. I have done more contacts in this past week than I have done in my whole mission. It is ridiculous how many people we have talked to. But we have already found some good people, even a guy that was going to be baptized a year ago but moved away to San Pedro and wants to talk to us again. I feel like this area has so much potential it is just a matter of unlocking it.
Oh, some other good news, Miguel from my last area is getting baptized on Saturday! How awesome is that? I wish I would be there to see it but oh well. But other than that not very much news. I am just super tired and I am not looking forward to the 1.5 hour guagua ride home. I may take a nap. But the Seibo is cool. Lots of places to talk to people and oh my goodness people have real garage doors like they have back home! It is amazing how wealthy some of the people are out here in El Seibo. The church is pretty far from the house but oh well. We walk in the morning but we catch a bola from a member on the way home so that is nice. But that is pretty much my story from this week. Lots of talking, walking, and buscando. That is the life of a whitewashing missionary. I really hope it is a once in a lifetime experience because oh my goodness I sleep well.
Semana Santa is coming up and we don't have any solid as a rock investigators so that will be interesting. Hopefully we can get a few really good investigators and learn what all of the members learn during that time. We will see how it goes.
But that is it from me. At least I think it is. Have a great week and don't miss me too much.
Love,
Elder Coniam
PS Mom I didn't forget your birthday. You should be getting a card in a week or two!
Oh and find out if Troy was ever in the Seibo for me. Thanks very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment