Dear Family,
Of course I already have something I forgot to tell you and it is pretty interesting so you may want to put it on the blog. My district is part of a pilot program on how to better prepare elders and hermanos for the field. On the second day in the MTC, we had to teach an investigator with the whole lesson in Spanish. Everyone was freaking out and we all did terrible, but everyone's next four lessons were better. I feel like I have taught more lessons in this week than some of the elders who have been here for four weeks. At the temple I had a pretty cool experience.
It is kind of weird the missionaries you meet. Elder Canon reminds me of David Bitner. There is an Elder Anderson that I am convinced is Brian Skidmore's long-lost twin. We have an elder in our district that was baptized at 12. One elder in our zone has been a member for a year and a half. I picked the scripture I want for the plaque: Philippians 4:6-7. It is about prayer and I love it.
Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and suplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ.
Best story in the Book of Mormon is Alma 17-21, the story of Ammon. I could read it a thousand times.
Love,
Elder Coniam
P.S. I just got my travel plans for July 7 at 6 a.m. I will arrive in the DR at 8:25 p.m. on July 7th.
Elder Jensen and Elder Coniam
In front of the Provo Temple
Elder Coniam
Mike's District
Work Station in his room
Classroom desk
His cozy bed
No comments:
Post a Comment