Tuesday, May 21, 2013

May 20, 2013

Im glad that you all finally got my videos, I hoped you enjoyed it. I didnt realize that I speak in spanish on any of them but I guess that is better than you guys having to hear it on the phone. So as you all should remember the 20th of May I should have been picking up my suit but what do you all think, did the man get it done on time?

I guess it is kinda obvious that I didnt get it because Im sure you didnt even remember that I was supposed to get it today. But his excuse is that it is being drycleaned even though I called him and he told me it would be ready. He had the pants there and I got to try them on and they were awesome. 

Question: Do you want me to send a picture home with the suit on when I get it or do you want it to be a surprise?


Other question: Do you all want anything from here? Dad already told me he wanted a tie but I dont know what everyone else wants.........

Q.  We assume you were only trying to give that dog some water and not actually throw water on it, right?

A. Nope the dog was a miscreant that didnt belong in the apartment area and dogs here are like zombies and bring disease.

Q.  Was that chicken in the apartment dinner?   Who killed it?   Skinned it?  Defeathered it?   Your grandpa Maurice knew how to do that.
A. What chicken???? If you are talking about the chicken that was in the apartment running on the desks it wasnt cooked but if you are talking about the baked duck I think I will have to tell you that story after the mission.

Q.  Do they not know that missionaries are not cargo so you shouldn't be riding in the backs of trucks?
A. SOmetimes we get treated like cargo and really it was the best way to get around that area because it was a super big area.

Q.  Why do you always hide your camera when a Dominican comes around - because they might like to "borrow" it?
A. They do like to borrow lots of stuff. THe majority of my companions have been robbed so I guess that should tell you all something.

Welp I would like to get a response to that first question as soon as possible because I would like to get something for you all that you would like I am just afraid that I would buy something and then you guys would have to fake like you like it and then it is just awkward.....I think you get the point. But I have some ideas like for Brando it would be super easy...pfpfpfpfppfpf......but please respond. I would also like to announce that Elder McFarland has finally abandoned me. He doesnt write me so I hope he reads this and decides that he needs to write me. I am in his first area and supposedly everyone loved him here. I really like it because there are tons of people that are super cool. I think that the church could grow super fast here because I mean for example there is a family here that Elder McFarland and Elder Peña baptized 3 years ago and the dad has already read Jesus the Christ twice and the Miracle of Foregiveness and now is reading Doctrine of Salvation....he is the first counselor in the bishopric and an amazing man. He gave us Guanabanas last week and my comp didnt want it so I ate his....you probably dont know what that is, it is called soursop in english and you should look it up it is pretty amazing. We also got a zapote, or sapota for you gringos, shake. Wow it was good. But anyways we ahd a good week kinda. Had tons of help fom members this week. We did splits on thursday night and had a future missionary night on tuesday tht had an attendance of 12 youth so that was cool. I really think that this was an answer to a ton of prayers over the past two years because I really wanted to go to an area where the ward really functioned well to be able to see the difference in the missionary work and there is a ton. A ward that really tries to help the missionaries make it a heck of a lot easier on the missionaries to focus on the people that they are teaching and their needs. But still growing quite a bit. I finished Jesus the Christ for the second time in the mission and all I can say is wow. I am going to try and finish the Book of Mormon before I get home which will definiitely be easy because I have lots of time left and then on the plane and in the airport.....lets just say it is a very reachable goal that I have placed. 

Question: Did you guys see how long my layover is in Miami.....6hours! Craziness! 

Well I guess that was more like a statement and less like a question. But anyways hope you enjoyed my letter because I dont have much more to say other than love you all and I promise I will write next week!

Elder Michael Phillip Coniam

No comments: