Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I was just in the USA!


Well I feel like I should explain myself in the subject line before mom thinks that I was sent 
to Miami to the hospital or something. So we went to a new mall called Sambil and oh my goodness I felt like I was home. Kinda weird because when we went into a bank so my comp
could cash a check I felt out of place and well just strange. I am used to being in dirty and stinky and dangerous environments....the whole clean and odorless and safe thing was super strange....and I mean super strange. So it was pretty cool. We ate at Papa Johns and then we walked around looking at all the places that there were. Lots of them are not open but it was cool to check out. Heck I even went in an elevator for the first time in 18 months. Oh and random food place they had there is Cinnabons....super weird. I don't really know how to explain the whole event because well I guess there is only one word that describes it and that is WEIRD. OK well I will stop rambling and answer the questions. 


Q.  Have you passed on the McBride tie yet?
A. Nope I still have it. I will probably keep it till the end of the mission.

Q.  Will you start a Coniam tie?
A. Heck yeah.

Q.  Do you have dreams of coming home?
A. Um to be honest I cant remember most of my dreams lately.

Q.  Who lost by a score of 58-0 - Cardinals or Cowboys?
A. Cowboys probably because dad told me they sucked this year.
Q.  Mom has no questions.  Do you have any for her?
A. when does school stop? Who has changed the most in these 18 months?

Q.  Alyssa's bugging me to ask this question:  Do you know what time
we call on Christmas?
A. Nope.
Q.  Did you put up your old Christmas decorations or did you "accidentally" leave them behind?
A. They got left behind on purpose because well I just didn't have any room to put them in my suitcases and when I went to El Seibo I couldn't bring like extra packages or anything because I had to take public transport out there.


So this past week was pretty busy. On Tuesday I did an intercambio with Elder Dyer of Idaho. It was fun. We found lots of cool people. Then we just worked our butts off the rest of the week. So before I  forget. We were doing a contact and we heard the TV so we asked the
people what they were watching and you'll never guess what it was....................The Walking Dead. So we bonded with the kids over that for a few seconds and then well the parents weren't home so we left but man that was pretty cool. That same night, I don't know if you all have heard the song by Adel Never Thought I'd find someone like you is the main line but everyone over here is singing it. And one family we found is super cool. The mom has travelled to Italy and spent a month in Russia (go figure) and one of the kids in the family
knows like three languages. Super cool family but anyways the mom made the daughter sing that song for us or at least a line of it and wow it was super good.


What else....we contacted a guy that goes to carnival every year and he showed us his costume thing and oh my goodness it is like 6 feet tall. But we had a super crazy week. So president has upped the number of people we are supposed to talk with from 10 to 15 everyday and well we are finding cooler and cooler people everyday. I just hope some of them start progressing in the gospel. But we will see how that goes because I think the Lord is holding back the work in our area because of some stuff that is happening in the stake but we will see. I have just ran through investigators in this area. In the last three weeks we have found 68 new people to teach and well there always seems to be some kind of inconvenience and they end up not progressing. But I guess that is just the way missionary work is sometimes. We will keep working hard down here. But wow the time has passed by quickly and before you know it I will be writing again next week!


LOVE ME.........
Elder M. Phillip Coniam

No comments: