Well, well, well, another week that just flew by. I am not sure if it is like that for you all, but it is sure like that for me every week. First off, I got that package with all of that super good stuff. THANKS A TON! And well I guess I will get to the questions because it is easier that way.
Q: Are they going to get an alarm for the church buildings for when people break in?
A:Haha nope. They really aren't doing anything. They fixed the window bars but they still can cut through them because they have done it like 4 times already so I don't know. And we cant really suggest anything but whatever. Sad note about church though....they stole our Ward Mission Leader and they are sending him to the High Council which stinks because he was really the only member that helps us......but I guess we will hopefully get the help of the rest of the ward. But they do things really weird here. They didn't even tell him that he was getting released until they announced it from the pulpit. He was pretty upset because he loves his calling but I guess you always have to move on. But I am sure none of this matters to you......
Q: Do you have any new favorite hymns?
A: Can't say I do. They are all good. I do have some that I don't like to sing because we sing them too much. Secreta Oración is number one and number two wood be La Oración del Profeta.....not going to lie, we sing them too much. Oh there is a cool one in Spanish but I don't know what it is in English. It starts off Brillan rayos de clemencia.....it is pretty good.
Q: What is your favorite time of day?
A:Um when the sun has gone down and it doesn't burn as much. It is always a great time of the day.
Q: How is your Spanish? Do you sound like a native?A. I have no idea because I don't really here myself talk. But everyone understands me so that must mean it is at least understandable, right?
Q: How do you wake up in the morning? Do you use an alarm clock? Is it a loud beep or music?
A:Well, we have the cell phone go off at 630 because I cant use the alarm clock here because it would eat through batteries like nothing else but usually I am awake at 615 and just wait for the phone to go off.Q: Is your apartment clean or dirty? Do you have bugs and mice?
A:It is clean. We have had to paint and we still haven't finished and we don't really have any problems with bugs or mice but sometimes there is a cat that gets in and we have to chase it out.
Q. When did you find out about the "O" disaster here in the States?
A.Wednesday somebody had a newspaper and so we asked them and they told us.
Q. Have the rains subsided?
A, Yes they have subsided for now.
Q. Run into any Americans lately? How about any Americans at church?
A.Yeah last Pday we ran into church members from Virginia. The wife had served in this mission 10 years ago and so that was kinda weird. No Americans in church but well I guess sometimes the temple president and his wife go to our stake center for church.
OK so onto the week. Well, last Tuesday there were supposed to be some riots in the city because they had a financial reform and they added a tax to everything and so we got the call to stay in the house and so we stayed in the first half of the day and then nothing was happening where we are at so we got permission to leave. It was also supposed to be like that on Wednesday but they were really normal days.
On Thursday we had a meeting for all of the leaders in the mission and then afterwards we had consejo. We thought that there might had been some big change coming but there really was nothing that they told us that we didn't already know. So that was kinda sad but whatever, we had a good day Thursday.
Friday I did an intercambio with Elder Chapman and it is kinda weird because I feel like he is part of my family. I have lived with him in the same house for 6 months and it is super weird because usually when missionaries live that long together they have problems and fight a lot but I don't think we have had that once. It was super fun and we got to teach lots of people so that was nice.
And well the weekend was pretty normal. Not much to talk about there. We did lots more walking because lots of our appointments fell through but that was alright because we found some other cool people to teach. But that is just our problem finding lots of cool people that will half commit and then they never go to church. But one of them will I am sure of it. And finally today.....we went to the stake center and played basketball in the sun and it was great.
But that is my week in a nut shell. I cant really think of anything else. Oh, with the shirts and all of that stuff, you can do what you want with all of it. I don't need any long sleeve shirts down here so I don't know you all know best. But much love and keep looking forward, it doesn't matter that Obama won we will all still live......Love Me the mostest
Elder Coñiam
No comments:
Post a Comment