Well, somehow another week has gone by....something with the earth going around the sun - I don't know - but oh my goodness, here I am writing again and this time I don't have any cool story about getting shot at but I think some other stuff happened during the week so I will write about all of that ahorita...... but first the questions
Q: Are you sad that Ty ate all your Halloween Oreo’s?
A: No I am not sad but I am very tired right now.
Q: Where are you watching General Conference? In Spanish or English?
A:Here in the stake center the building that we normally attend and we are trying to get it in English but that is not guaranteed because all of the TVs from the stake center have been robbed so yeah. We talked to the Stake President about it and he said he will help us out so hopefully he does.
Q: Mom just ratted on Dad - should we give her the nickname rat girl?
A:You can if you want but Ty is still rat boy!
Q. What was your Sunday lunch/dinner? We had calzones and salad.
A. We ate Pupusa and one of those pasta sides that you sent. It was super good.
Q: Do you need mom and dad to send you contacts or anything?? Like money so you don’t go the bad ways!!!
A:Contacts and contact solution would be good. I don't think I need anything else though.
Well, let us see what has happened this past week since yáll gave me your updates. I got a Dominican haircut on Monday and it was super good. Sadly, I don't have my camera with me but next week I will for sure be able to send some pictures because we did some other things that I have to send pictures of. Tuesday we helped someone get acquainted with how to use computers as a service thing. Not hard manual labor but equally important. Then in the afternoon we had an intercambio and I stayed in the area with Elder Rainey from Gilbert. The intercambio was decent but we had a lot of people fiar us. Oh and it was kinda weird because Elder Rainey is from Elder Perry´s group so that was kinda cool.
Wednesday morning we had a surprise visit from President to check on the condition of the house. Luckily for us we keep the house decently clean and we had just scrubbed the bathroom so we didn't get in trouble for anything. It was funny because he wanted us to buy a lot of cleaning stuff and so we made a list of what he wanted us to get and we went and checked prices on everything and, well, we cant buy it so we are going to talk to him about maybe getting the viviendas elder to go with us to buy the stuff that way it gets charged to the mission because, well, lets just say it would be impossible to buy all that, but whatever.
In the afternoon we got dressers......I bet you didn't know it but I have literally been living out of my suitcases for 15 months because, well,we had no dressers or anywhere to put our clothes so that is super cool that everyone has dressers now. And Friday was the next coolest day. I have to send pictures next week but we helped someone patch up their tin roof and that was super cool. When you see the pictures you will understand. We used Styrofoam and melted it with gasoline and it made some kind of paste and then we put it over the holes and then put a piece of denim above that to keep the water from entering. Pretty cool way to use Styrofoam. By far the coolest project yet and this Friday we have another one that is going to be pretty cool but more on that one after. Then SATURDAY WHOOOO we had a super cool baptism. So at the beginning of the month we contacted a woman that was inactive in the church and has been for some time. But her brother was a stake president and all of her nephews have been bishops and she was the only inactive from her family and boom like that she started to go to church. So we started to teach her niece that lives with her and after her first Sunday at church she told us she wanted to be baptized and we hadn't even talked about it with her. So she started to go to seminary and we started to pass by more and she had an awesome baptism probably the best one I have seen. She had tons of support from the youth so it was super cool. And well that leads to today. We went to Gascue and we had a BBQ and it was awesome some great hamburgers and hot dogs but the guagua rides really tired me out but that was my week in a nutshell. Crazy fast and before I know it I will be here writing you all again. But have great weeks and whatnot and don't get to trunky!
Love Elder Coniam
ps doing all of this service has made me dark. I will send a photo of the difference between my leg color and my arm color!
No comments:
Post a Comment