We had a longer week with lots to do. Like we have to do these studies with the companionships that are training and so that eats up our mornings and we have to do these new things called team ups where we go with a companionship and evaluate their teaching skills. It takes us away from our area so that really stinks but we are blessed in other ways. So far so good here in Vista Bella. We have found lots of good families to teach here in our area and have been working really hard. We are trying to work a lot with members because it is just so much better that way. They can really be a gigantic help. If there is something that I have noticed about missionary work it is that it runs a lot smoother with the help of members and without the help of members it is really difficult.
I am glad to here that the kids had fun in Rocky Point and that they were able to go to church. I am sure it is really similar to the church here in the DR. Oh and I was talking to another Elder from Puebla Mexico and he said that if we go to Mexico and we visit him (it is pretty far from Rocky Point) that he would take us to the Pyramids. That would be really cool. He doesnt get home until January of 2014 but that summer we could go to the pyramids and Rocky Point that would be pretty awesome.
But, oh I have a story real quick before trying to send some pictures. So on saturday we went to do a team up with Los Guaricansos and Ponce and we were waiting for the Elders from Ponce to show up and I had called them to see where they were at and while I was talking to them a drunk crazy guy showed up and took my agenda. Then he started walking around with it and saying that he was Jesus. Really crazy but we just stood there and let him do it because it would have been bad to fight a drunk guy for the agenda so I was going to let him have it. But he came back over to me and started reading it because he thought it had some kind of secrets written in it but then he realized that it said nothing so he gave it back.
Pretty crazy.
Now onto the questions and then I will try to send some pictures.....
Q: Did you get any packages last week?
A: No because they didnt deliver mail last week but I was told that I have two packages in the office so they have arrived!
Q: Have you gotten to see the beach yet?
A: Yes but from far off. Not from close up.
Q: Do you have any new favorite places to eat?
A: Nope. There is a mall called Megacentro that we go to on PDays sometimes and they have some pretty good food but it is all pretty expensive for a missionary.
Q: Where would you take us to eat if we come to the DR?
A:To a Pico Pollo so you could see what Chinese dominican food is like.
Q: Are there sand roads in the DR?
A: Most of the roads in this area are rock roads that eat through your shoes. When I was in El Seibo almost all the roads are asphalted so it really just depends on the place.
Ok well I am going to try to send some fotos so we will see how it works this time! Love me much and have great weeks all of you all!
Love
élder MP Coniam
A family in El Seibo
La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dia
Baptism in Vista Bella
La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dia
No comments:
Post a Comment