Lets see, oh yeah! ¡HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA! Well it is a little early to tell you but I wont be able to tell you on Miércoles so I will tell you today. Hope everything is going well for you back home and that the dogs arent going to crazy(And secretly I hope you didnt get another cat because I really dont like cats). But anyways, have a good birthday and do something fun!
Ok and real quick medical update..... my feet are awesome. I can truely say I am gellin´ like a felon. Dr. Scholls does magic! Health wise I am really good. But something did happen to me that had never happened to me in my life. I got stung by a bee and luckily I found out that I am not allergic. So I will send some pictures of that but dont worry because the stinger didnt go very far in and I was able to get it out without it doing any damage. Have had a pretty good week health wise.
Sooo now onto the questions.
Q: A neighbor wants to buy the blue truck, should we sell it and make Tyler walk to school.
A:Hmmm good question. But seeing as how I am 10 hours away by airplane I really have no say in it but it definitely depends in a few things. How much will they pay? Is it having problems? All of these are things that were left out so I would not be able to give you a response without more information because I do not now the details. But to make it simple, MAKE TYLER WALK TO SCHOOL!!!!! Actually dont because he is already to skinny right? Well I really need more info....
Q: How is your comp?
A: Good.
Q: Do you speak in the formal or informal form?
A: Well, you are supposed to speak in Ud. form but sometimes I speak in tú form. It depends who it is and the situation. And no I dont talk in slang (ex: ¿Qué lo que? Chilingdrina. Manzana. Está todo (sounds like ta toe) Dame luz. All of these things are phrases that dominicans use and sometimes it is funny because they talk so fast it sounds like they are speaking chineese or some asian language.
Q: Are you going to Aruba? That’s what dad says is happening. You have us all hyped up about the ‘news’!
A: Dont know yet. We get the call this sunday night and I think I will be staying in the same area. But it is totally possible because two elders are coming back from the islands this transfer so I could be going because my group is one of the older groups in the mission. And about this news, I thought I made it pretty clear and I really hinted to it but it has changed as of now.
Q: Are you baptizing a large family?
A: Ok this is the news.....I finally will have a baptism in this area! It was supposed to be two but we arent going to baptize the 2nd guy because we dont feel like he is ready but I will finally be baptizing someone that I had to do all of the work for. How cool is that? I am sure you all thought that it was going to be some bigger news than that but there it is! I am pretty excited. His name is Herminio ¨Bienvenido¨ De La Cruz and he is really cool. Me and Elder Paez started teaching him a while ago and then dropped him but then at the beginning of this transfer I wanted to go back to him and POR FIN! We are going to have a baptism. This area is super difficult and to be baptizing a 57 year old man is really awesome because most of the recent baptisms have been teenage kids and middle age women in this area so the Bishop here is pretty excited. The other one that was supposed to be baptized is named Miguel but we will wait on him because it will just be better that way. But he is 28 and I think we will be able to baptize his parents and maybe his sisters and their families. We will see. But he was a contact that me and Elder Paez did back in January and he will be baptized. He goes to church every week and wants to start paying tithing. It is super awesome. But that is my news. It probably isnt as big as you thought it would be but I am really excited!
Q: Are you becoming District Leader?
A: We find out next week.
Q: Any ideas for Ty’s egg drop project?
dont obey the rules and get an A. Because I obeyed the rules and got a low B so just cheat like everyone else.....or ask Brandon I am sure he has some ideas.
Q: What are you going to do on your birthday? It’s a Sunday!!
A: Go to church and then leave the house at 3 in the afternoon to go and talk to people about the gospel.
Q: Are you getting excited about the videos we are taking for you?!
A: Yes, I want to see them so hurry up!
Q: How was carnival this weekend?!
A: Dont know, didnt really see anything. It seemed like a normal night.
Q: Have you born your testimony?
A: I bear it everyday to bunches of people. But if you are talking about in church, apart from in SGdB no. I think it is better when the people get up and bear their testimonies than when I do. Because the person that does the talking is the one that is going to learn.
Q: Do you need more peanut butter?
A:Nope I am good right now.
Q. Did you get DearElders?
A.Yep. They were awesome. I love to read about what is going on back home.
A:Hmmm good question. But seeing as how I am 10 hours away by airplane I really have no say in it but it definitely depends in a few things. How much will they pay? Is it having problems? All of these are things that were left out so I would not be able to give you a response without more information because I do not now the details. But to make it simple, MAKE TYLER WALK TO SCHOOL!!!!! Actually dont because he is already to skinny right? Well I really need more info....
Q: How is your comp?
A: Good.
Q: Do you speak in the formal or informal form?
A: Well, you are supposed to speak in Ud. form but sometimes I speak in tú form. It depends who it is and the situation. And no I dont talk in slang (ex: ¿Qué lo que? Chilingdrina. Manzana. Está todo (sounds like ta toe) Dame luz. All of these things are phrases that dominicans use and sometimes it is funny because they talk so fast it sounds like they are speaking chineese or some asian language.
Q: Are you going to Aruba? That’s what dad says is happening. You have us all hyped up about the ‘news’!
A: Dont know yet. We get the call this sunday night and I think I will be staying in the same area. But it is totally possible because two elders are coming back from the islands this transfer so I could be going because my group is one of the older groups in the mission. And about this news, I thought I made it pretty clear and I really hinted to it but it has changed as of now.
Q: Are you baptizing a large family?
A: Ok this is the news.....I finally will have a baptism in this area! It was supposed to be two but we arent going to baptize the 2nd guy because we dont feel like he is ready but I will finally be baptizing someone that I had to do all of the work for. How cool is that? I am sure you all thought that it was going to be some bigger news than that but there it is! I am pretty excited. His name is Herminio ¨Bienvenido¨ De La Cruz and he is really cool. Me and Elder Paez started teaching him a while ago and then dropped him but then at the beginning of this transfer I wanted to go back to him and POR FIN! We are going to have a baptism. This area is super difficult and to be baptizing a 57 year old man is really awesome because most of the recent baptisms have been teenage kids and middle age women in this area so the Bishop here is pretty excited. The other one that was supposed to be baptized is named Miguel but we will wait on him because it will just be better that way. But he is 28 and I think we will be able to baptize his parents and maybe his sisters and their families. We will see. But he was a contact that me and Elder Paez did back in January and he will be baptized. He goes to church every week and wants to start paying tithing. It is super awesome. But that is my news. It probably isnt as big as you thought it would be but I am really excited!
Q: Are you becoming District Leader?
A: We find out next week.
Q: Any ideas for Ty’s egg drop project?
dont obey the rules and get an A. Because I obeyed the rules and got a low B so just cheat like everyone else.....or ask Brandon I am sure he has some ideas.
Q: What are you going to do on your birthday? It’s a Sunday!!
A: Go to church and then leave the house at 3 in the afternoon to go and talk to people about the gospel.
Q: Are you getting excited about the videos we are taking for you?!
A: Yes, I want to see them so hurry up!
Q: How was carnival this weekend?!
A: Dont know, didnt really see anything. It seemed like a normal night.
Q: Have you born your testimony?
A: I bear it everyday to bunches of people. But if you are talking about in church, apart from in SGdB no. I think it is better when the people get up and bear their testimonies than when I do. Because the person that does the talking is the one that is going to learn.
Q: Do you need more peanut butter?
A:Nope I am good right now.
Q. Did you get DearElders?
A.Yep. They were awesome. I love to read about what is going on back home.
Ok next up a short week review! Y después fotos!
Well lets see, this week we got a call on friday morning from the office elders telling us we had to go look for a house in our area because there are going to be two more missionaries in this area. And they wanted the house by friday afternoon. So we did lots of walking and lots of calling and we found an awesome house that would easily fit all 4 missionaries. It was perfect and it was under the price limit but when we called them they then told us they wanted us to look for a house for only two missionaries and so we did a lot more walking and a lot more searching and didnt find anything until yesterday afternoon when we decided that we werent going to search any more and we were just going to visit investigators. Boom out of nowhere appeared a house and so we got the number of the people and su`pposedly it is where the missionaries will live. It kinda sucks because it would have been awesome to have this giant house for 4 missionaries. I mean this house was awesome. A baseball player bought it for his mom and his mom sold it and nobody has lived in it for a long time. It is awesome. It even has stairs on the inside of the house which is something I have never seen in this country.But it doesnt look like that is going through. So that is how we spent most of the weekend.
During the week we did lots of walking and talking and trying to help people and we had more investigators at church than I have ever had but that is because it was at 10 because of Stake Conference. Hopefully we can get the people to go to church at 8 the next week. But that is pretty much all of it. I want to send some pictures and I dont think there is anything else I want to say....
Oh Lyssa asked me on the dearelder if I like the CD from MOTAB and I reallly do. It is awesome.
What else, what else, what else, I cant think of anything. So have a good week and I will tell you where I am headed next week or maybe I stay put. But love you all and hope you all have good weeks!
Love,
Elder Miguel Coniam
No comments:
Post a Comment