My title may be misleading because I am only back in the capitol for another hour or two because this weekend I was on an intercambio with my ZL Elder Martinez, a Dominican with 4 months to go. This time we did the intercambio so the ZLs could talk to President Hernandez about our area because there is some stuff that he needs to know about. Nothing too serious but really important for the church to be able to grow in that area. So I went to the area Los Solares on Saturday by catching an hour long bola and then hopping on guaguas for another hour. There are 4 missionaries in that ward and the house is really nice. You want to know why it is really nice? It is because I got to take 4 hot showers this weekend because they have hot water! It was amazing. I have never felt so good.....well that may be an exaggeration but it was awesome. Then this morning my comp and the other ZL came here. We went to Pizza Hut and now we are using the internet because we don´t know if we will have much time when we get back. It was an awesome weekend and it is weird, I have already had 5 intercambios and I have another this Wednesday with an Elder that is newer than me and speaks less Spanish than me....this means we will be praying a lot. But it will be a good experience. I don´t know why I have had so many intercambios, it really is crazy.
The really nice thing about this past Sunday was the church. To have 100+ people in church was a good sight. It can be really overbearing to go to church and see 8 adults. But it will all be a good learning experience. I have been trying to remember the counsel of President
Sorensen about keeping a positive attitude because it can be difficult in this area. But we get transfer calls this Sunday so we will see what happens. Who thinks I can get transferred 3 times in my first 3 transfers? I definitely think it is possible after the last special transfer. But today was good because at Pizza Hut I got to see almost everyone from my old zone. I got to see Elder McFarland and that was cool. It seems like most of our investigators from there are falling off though. But it is good to know that people keep asking him where I am. Oh and on one of the motor rides to Gonzolo it was raining which was pretty cool. I was soaked when we got to Gonzolo.
Now onto the questions!!!!!
Q: What time does it get dark there?
A: About 630 which really stinks because nobody wants to talk to you when it is dark out and in Sabana the luz comes back at 9 so we are in darkness until 9.
Q: Describe your condo/apartment... and take pictures!
A: Ummmm. One side Haitians with ducks and chickens pooping everywhere and the other side 3 huge dogs that like to bark all night long and a bunch of dog poop that never gets cleaned up. Let me just say the house smells great. Other than that it is really dark because we have to keep the blinds closed to keep most of the odor out but yeah. Ohm and the kid next door is always yelling Americano and always wants money or sugar or eggs or something. And he stole my sandals.... I leave my shower sandals outside so they can dry and they don’t start to stink because they did after my first week and this kid stole them and then had the audacity to tell me that another kid just found them outside when they were clearly in our enclosed locked area. They had to take a broom or something to get them but oh well. I bought some the next day for 130 pesos and they work just as well and this time I can´t leave them outside or I may have to lock them to something... I don´t know I will figure it out.
Q: Can Tyler wear your clothes? Because he is (: He only does it because he misses you so much!
A: Yes, but I expect to be reimbursed for the damage he will do to them...Just kidding. Of course he can wear them. I mean who is going to stop him.
Q: How was your p-day?
A: Great. I don´t think I can write anything more about it. Oh we have a 2 hour guagua ride back to Sabana which will be fun.
Q: Do you need speakers for your cd player? Do you need a cd player?
A: Nope I don´t have room for anything else.
Q: How was church?
A: I think I already talked about that but next week we go to Gonzolo for church so that should be fun.
Q: We need to know what you want for Christmas so we can send you stuff and so it gets there early.
A: Yeah, about that, I don´t know yet so I will have to get back to you. Oh my goodness these keyboards are junk. In every internet area they are different and it is ridiculous to type on them...
Q: Do you ride with your companion on the motors? Do you have to put your arms around the person you are riding with?!
A: Haha, no.
Funny story. We were leaving and my comp's motor guy stopped to have someone else hop on and my comp told him no but the guy said he was going to do it anyway so my comp changed motors so I was in Gonzolo by myself for like 3 minutes and it was weird. But the next time we went to get motors in Sabana, some of them refuse to give us rides...Dominicans have no business sense...well, some of them.
Q: What time does it get dark there?
A: About 630 which really stinks because nobody wants to talk to you when it is dark out and in Sabana the luz comes back at 9 so we are in darkness until 9.
Q: Describe your condo/apartment... and take pictures!
A: Ummmm. One side Haitians with ducks and chickens pooping everywhere and the other side 3 huge dogs that like to bark all night long and a bunch of dog poop that never gets cleaned up. Let me just say the house smells great. Other than that it is really dark because we have to keep the blinds closed to keep most of the odor out but yeah. Ohm and the kid next door is always yelling Americano and always wants money or sugar or eggs or something. And he stole my sandals.... I leave my shower sandals outside so they can dry and they don’t start to stink because they did after my first week and this kid stole them and then had the audacity to tell me that another kid just found them outside when they were clearly in our enclosed locked area. They had to take a broom or something to get them but oh well. I bought some the next day for 130 pesos and they work just as well and this time I can´t leave them outside or I may have to lock them to something... I don´t know I will figure it out.
Q: Can Tyler wear your clothes? Because he is (: He only does it because he misses you so much!
A: Yes, but I expect to be reimbursed for the damage he will do to them...Just kidding. Of course he can wear them. I mean who is going to stop him.
Q: How was your p-day?
A: Great. I don´t think I can write anything more about it. Oh we have a 2 hour guagua ride back to Sabana which will be fun.
Q: Do you need speakers for your cd player? Do you need a cd player?
A: Nope I don´t have room for anything else.
Q: How was church?
A: I think I already talked about that but next week we go to Gonzolo for church so that should be fun.
Q: We need to know what you want for Christmas so we can send you stuff and so it gets there early.
A: Yeah, about that, I don´t know yet so I will have to get back to you. Oh my goodness these keyboards are junk. In every internet area they are different and it is ridiculous to type on them...
Q: Do you ride with your companion on the motors? Do you have to put your arms around the person you are riding with?!
A: Haha, no.
Funny story. We were leaving and my comp's motor guy stopped to have someone else hop on and my comp told him no but the guy said he was going to do it anyway so my comp changed motors so I was in Gonzolo by myself for like 3 minutes and it was weird. But the next time we went to get motors in Sabana, some of them refuse to give us rides...Dominicans have no business sense...well, some of them.
Q: How fast do the scooters go? Do you wear a helmet?
A: I don´t know, the speedometers are broken but they are more like motorcycles and what is this helmet business... NO such thing in this country. These guys are crazy but I have the protection of the Lord if I am obedient, so I will be obedient.
Q: When do you get to burn your first tie? Dec 15th?!
A: No, I don´t think we do that here. But we will see.
Q: Are there lots of sector 9 dogs in La Sabana?
A: Yes, and all of them are afraid of us when we walk by.
Q: Your website views are over 1600 now! To what do you attribute the large number of views?
A: Well, obviously my good looks and charming personality....or maybe Mom and Alyssa refreshing the page every 5 seconds.
So that is it. I think I may send something more or I may not because I will run out of time and we have to go back to Sabana by 6. So have a good week and I am glad it sounds like everything is going well there. Lyssa likes her job, Mom is busy with her kids, Tyler is
reading the LDM and Dad I am sure is working his tail off. Oh and cool story Lyssa. The members really do have to do things because when missionaries pass by someone’s house they think it is because the missionaries are obligated to do it but when a member from the ward passes by they can see that somebody really cares about them and wants the best for them. It is something that I want to do when I get back home because for a lot of people they just need someone to show they care. President Hinckley said that everyone needs a friend, a calling, and nourishment from the good word of God and so if I can help people in that way by being a friend I will surely do it (I think Dad sent me something on this but it is also in PMG). But have a good week and don´t miss me too much.
Love,
Your Elder Michael Phillip Coniam
No comments:
Post a Comment