Q: Did you have any baptisms on dad's anniversary?
A: Actually, cool story here. I had my first baptism on that day, Luis Miguel, the 9 year old who was living with his dad who is not a member but now lives with his mom. And guess what, I was the one that baptized him! It was a great service. The spirit was so strong there and the support from the ward was great. When I baptized him, I said everything perfectly and when I put him under the water he raised his hand so we had to do it again. The next time I put him way under to make sure we didn´t have to do it again. It was an awesome experience and I´ll try to send pictures. Think about this... how many people can say they baptized someone exactly twenty years to the date of their dad´s baptism? I´m so blessed to be able to say that.
Q: Were you on the beaches helping cleaning up?
A: Actually, cool story here. I had my first baptism on that day, Luis Miguel, the 9 year old who was living with his dad who is not a member but now lives with his mom. And guess what, I was the one that baptized him! It was a great service. The spirit was so strong there and the support from the ward was great. When I baptized him, I said everything perfectly and when I put him under the water he raised his hand so we had to do it again. The next time I put him way under to make sure we didn´t have to do it again. It was an awesome experience and I´ll try to send pictures. Think about this... how many people can say they baptized someone exactly twenty years to the date of their dad´s baptism? I´m so blessed to be able to say that.
Q: Were you on the beaches helping cleaning up?
A: I think that is actually this week but we don´t get to go because we have to preach.... we don´t get any breaks besides General Conference and even then we are still going to be preaching that day...plus it would just be more pasaje we would have to pay.
Q: If we sent you chocolate, maybe your favorite Reese's, would you
want them or would they be too melted?
A: Thanks but I think I’m good on chocolate and peanut butter. I have been buying Best bars and putting peanut butter on them... it is so good. Plus it would probably melt.
Q: Do you need us to send you anything?
A: Nope. I’m good. Nana sent me another package today! Thanks, Nan! Please tell me if you have been getting the written letters I send because if not, I am going to stop handwriting letters because I don´t want to be writing you letters and you not receiving them.
Q: How's the weather? Does it rain every day?
A: The weather is weird. It can be really sunny and the sun just
beats you to death or it can be nice and cloudy with a breeze or it can be raining non-stop with crazy thunder and lightning storms. The
lightning storms here are so beautiful because they just jump from
cloud to cloud and light up the sky. It is awesome.
Q; How many doors do you generally knock on before they let you in?
A: In the DR we don´t knock on doors. Everyone has their doors open so we just yell into them. The answer to the question varies a lot. We could get in every door or we could get rejected at every door. I give us a fifty percent chance every time we try. It varies a lot! Like my first two weeks, everyone was letting us in and we were teaching everyone. Then the next two we started to have more difficulties and now it is starting to pick up again so to make a long answer short.... I don´t know.
Q: How many stray dogs do you see every day?
A: Lyssa and Nana don´t read this...... lots. Too many to count.
Q: If it’s 7:05 here, are you in bed by 10:05?
A: Haha. I wish. Bed time is at 10:30. If it is 10:05, I am probably eating something, getting out of the shower, or writing in my journal. Something like that.
Q: Have you taken pictures with any of the people?
A: I’ll send some with Luis Miguel and some with my comp but I haven´t taken any others.
Q: If we sent you chocolate, maybe your favorite Reese's, would you
want them or would they be too melted?
A: Thanks but I think I’m good on chocolate and peanut butter. I have been buying Best bars and putting peanut butter on them... it is so good. Plus it would probably melt.
Q: Do you need us to send you anything?
A: Nope. I’m good. Nana sent me another package today! Thanks, Nan! Please tell me if you have been getting the written letters I send because if not, I am going to stop handwriting letters because I don´t want to be writing you letters and you not receiving them.
Q: How's the weather? Does it rain every day?
A: The weather is weird. It can be really sunny and the sun just
beats you to death or it can be nice and cloudy with a breeze or it can be raining non-stop with crazy thunder and lightning storms. The
lightning storms here are so beautiful because they just jump from
cloud to cloud and light up the sky. It is awesome.
Q; How many doors do you generally knock on before they let you in?
A: In the DR we don´t knock on doors. Everyone has their doors open so we just yell into them. The answer to the question varies a lot. We could get in every door or we could get rejected at every door. I give us a fifty percent chance every time we try. It varies a lot! Like my first two weeks, everyone was letting us in and we were teaching everyone. Then the next two we started to have more difficulties and now it is starting to pick up again so to make a long answer short.... I don´t know.
Q: How many stray dogs do you see every day?
A: Lyssa and Nana don´t read this...... lots. Too many to count.
Q: If it’s 7:05 here, are you in bed by 10:05?
A: Haha. I wish. Bed time is at 10:30. If it is 10:05, I am probably eating something, getting out of the shower, or writing in my journal. Something like that.
Q: Have you taken pictures with any of the people?
A: I’ll send some with Luis Miguel and some with my comp but I haven´t taken any others.
Now, I’ll talk about the week. I already explained the baptism that was awesome but the whole week was good.
I had an intercambio (comp exchange) with Elder Zapata from Santiago, who speaks no English, because E. McFarland had to interview someone for a baptism and we stayed in our area so I was in charge of where we were going, what we were teaching and overall just making sure we didn´t get lost. And it went well. He has about two months less than E. McFarland so he has a lot of experience. Not to mention he speaks the language perfectly so he can relate to the people and make them feel more comfortable. He is awesome. We worked hard but didn´t have much success finding but we did well teaching and we didn´t get lost once. I would say the intercambio was a great experience because it was with a Spanish speaker and we didn´t have any problems communicating. I also learned a lot about how to relate to the people and how to teach to their understanding.
Then on Saturday we had another intercambio because the ZLs had to interview someone and they needed E. McFarland to interview one of their investigators so I went with E. Yates again and we went to Los Mina to interview two people there and then to Los Tres Brazos,
my hood, until the interviews in their area were all done. It was awesome. We had a lot more success teaching and finding people to teach. It was a great experience because E. Yates goes home in 8 days and so he is at his best level that he has ever been at with his teaching skills and his language skills. He really worked well with the people and made sure that they were learning and not just mimicking us and agreeing to everything we said because A LOT OF PEOPLE DO THAT. A lot of people just agree with you and say amen to everything you say but then when you ask them, they can´t even repeat what you said or pointed out. But anyways, it was another awesome experience that I learned a lot from.
my hood, until the interviews in their area were all done. It was awesome. We had a lot more success teaching and finding people to teach. It was a great experience because E. Yates goes home in 8 days and so he is at his best level that he has ever been at with his teaching skills and his language skills. He really worked well with the people and made sure that they were learning and not just mimicking us and agreeing to everything we said because A LOT OF PEOPLE DO THAT. A lot of people just agree with you and say amen to everything you say but then when you ask them, they can´t even repeat what you said or pointed out. But anyways, it was another awesome experience that I learned a lot from.
Con Amor,
Elder Michael Felipe Coñiam
Louis Miguel and Elder Coniam
Pizza Hut for lunch.
Elders; Carr, McFarland, Coniam, Yates and Eli.
And yes Tyler the Pizza Hut here isn't bad it is a really fancy restaurant.
The landlord's dog had puppies
No comments:
Post a Comment