Saturday, June 18, 2011

Estoy Agredicido Por Mi Familia (Mike's First Email Home)

Hola,

I have a lot to say but only 30 minutes. Dad please forgive any misspellings. These few days have been hectic but I have learned so much. If you haven't received my letter it should be coming soon. I think me and Brandon were on the same wavelengths because when I read
his dearelder letter I had already answered some of his questions. Good to hear about Bradley. It feels like I have been in the MTC for three years already so I am sure he feels like he has been there his whole life. 

In my letter I tell you about my companion but I have more to tell you about Elder Jensen. He is from American Fork, Utah and probably will be the best companion that I have. He has a strong testimony and is a hard worker. In the past year he went from 300 lbs to 200 lbs by just doing P90X. Yesterday we went to the travel office because out of the four Elders headed to the Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East Mission he hadn't heard that he was here for nine weeks. After checking the records they told him he was still headed to the Dominican MTC in about two and a half weeks. I'm glad that I get him as my companion even if it is for such a short time. 

Now to explain my subject line for you gringos. It means I am thankful for my family. I thought those letters you would send would make me homesick but they do just the opposite they make me thankful to be serving a mission. Dad I still haven't fully read your message to me because it will make me cry but thank you so very much. So who thought I was going to be homesick... not me. But on Thursday night I met with the Second Counselor of the branch I am in and he asked me about my family. I started to talk and then began to cry. And then I had to go back into the room where all of the other missionaries were and I had to bear my testimony in there and I ended up getting pretty emotional but at least I didn't cry :) 

Guess what? I can already pray in Spanish!!! I know more Spanish now than I learned in two years of school. My teacher Hermano Clark asked if I wanted to be in an intermediate Spanish class but I told him I would rather stay in his class. He served in Puebla Mexico and he is an amazing instructor. Guess what else? We already have an investigator (an RM acting like one). Se llamma es Sergio. Our first lesson went terrible but thankfully this morning we were able to redeem ourselves. I did most of the speaking because I can somewhat understand his questions and get my point across. 

I love being here in the MTC. There is no other place I would rather be. They keep us busy and all of the other Elders are very helpful. Keep the letters coming; I love every single one of them. Oh and my P-day is on Thursday so expect an email then. Sorry it is all in one long paragraph but the computer won’t let me separate it. I probably forgot a few things I wanted to say. If I remember I will send another letter. I don't know how to send pictures on this computer so I may just send the card back.     

Love you all, 

Elder Coniam

No comments: